ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
In a freak accident a tourist was electrocuted while walking down the street in the rain. http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/lv-other/2003/aug/18/515492258.html

L
LK Offline
Eagle,
No problem, if you have an unsafe condition, that causes serious injury, Tell the family you don't have enough manpower or money to make things safe. What were they thinking, good city not to take your family.

P
Just try that sort of line with the state/county/local government.

"Yes, I would have had the brakes on my car inspected and replaced, but I didn't have the money to do it."

[Linked Image]

Wow that sounds like some pretty serious stuff there. Sad, though. I will definately remember NOT to step on any metal plates, or for that matter, anything metal anywhere I go. Could lead to a bad day.

"Live the dream, you only get one chance."
B
I continue to be surprised too by how many people walk barefoot in public. I used to be a barefoot kinda girl but got out of the habit while overseas. If people knew the gross junk that lands on the sidewalk or the hazards that await the bare feet they might think again and put their shoes back on.

I feel bad for her loved ones regardless and would hope that this would serve as a signal to cities to check their own areas for such hazards.

S
While good shoes may be a good protection from soemone's loogie, cigarette butt, gum, mucous or other random "deposits", I'm not sure whether a thin, water-slicked leather or rubber sole will protect you from an energized metal plate.

Some shoes also have nails...

Wonder what the voltage & current in the wires under the plate was. Also...if it was raining and she was wearing shoes, wouldn't the shoes also be drenched with water from the usual unavoidable splashing puddles, etc.? Seems to me like that would have provided an excellent conduction path into her body.

This is really tragic. I also remember reading the story (either here or on another electrical forum) of a little dog that walked on an underground splicebox cover and was also killed when the electricity got him.

The poor little animal was spasming and a guy who tried to administer CPR to the dog also felt a shock.

Link Copied to Clipboard