ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 220 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Since I had some luck with my last posting regarding the murray breakers and the wacko customer, I thought I might try this one here too. . .

My wife and I moved into a new home over 10 years ago and one of the things we really miss from our old home is the GE lighting control system. Maybe its our fascination with antiques, but who knows. I have never been able to find one like it, and at the time it seemed like too much trouble to remove and take with us. However, hindsight is 20-20 and I should have removed it.

I thought maybe someone around here might have one lying around or at least the master control center I need, I know all the other parts are common to new equipment and I can still obtain them from GE. What we really liked was the master control center at the front door and in the master bedroom. The one in the bedroom had dails on it to select the zone to control, while the one near the front door ( I can't remmber it too well) looked like something out of Back To The Future and I do remember it had replaceable indicator lights in it.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Where I might find the older style control centers. And am I correct in that they utilize the same control relays as the new systems? As my memory serves me the control relays looked exactally like the current ones, and it uses 24v like the new ones.

Thanks Again in advance eveyone!
Blu

F
Good luck finding replacements, not that you would want to....

If you like the look, you can spend a few dollars and build an automation system behind the old face plates. This would be a cool project if you got paid to do it.

Find a Automation system guy in your area and drill him for info on how it can be done.

A good source for this is a company like Litetouch(.com) and look for a authorized Dealer. They have a lot of answers when it comes to this subject.

The Ge LV systems were the rage in a lot of the "big" older homes. I know the units you are talking about, and serviced quite a few over the years. Unfortunatley, I have NO parts left. I'll mention it at a association meeting, and at the supply houses if anything is available

Yes, the ones I worked on used the same relays. You turned the dial to the numbered/lettered zone, and hit the button.

Had a few houses with a master in the Master Bedroom also.

John

[This message has been edited by HotLine1 (edited 08-07-2003).]

John

Link Copied to Clipboard