ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
sparky Offline OP
A political correctness follows contracting, proper edicate being evasive responses such as 'sorry we're booked up'or we can't get to you for a while are doled out to undesirables.

Lately, having had the radish with my share of aforementioned pond scum , i have adopted a blunter approach of informing these pita's that i simply feel they s**k to work for and why.

anyone else utilizing brutal honesty ?

~Steve

T
LMAO [Linked Image]: [Linked Image]:
That is definitely "Brutal Honesty" !!
Give em h**l Steve.

Donnie
P
I can't say I've exactly put it as bluntly as that before, although there are certainly times I've felt like it!

W
Once at a supply house back in 84 at a young age I told this really big fat guy off and what I thought of him. That was after 20 minutes of him arguing demanding that we carried this rediculous fixture part. I even guided him through all our stock and he still wasn't convinced. After standing there letting the guy yell and blow may hair backwards, I had flipped. We dealt with electricians ever day that spent good money, not one of them ever treated me like this guy.

T
i dont return the calls of people who fit into that category. it gets the message through without making my blood pressure spike.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Question: Why don't you just start charging those people more? That way they will either go somewhere else or if they don't at least you will be compensated for having to deal with them. Then, while you are on the job and they are pissing you off, just think about the extra money and you will smile.
Brian

[This message has been edited by Brian Winkle (edited 08-03-2003).]

O
Ive been known to hand out the odd serve when its been required, As Brian mentioned stroke the rate upwards and they will either bugger off, or you can kick back and take the cash, They aint worth stressing over!

E
I normally bend over backwards to be nice to customers, but today I gave up. We are backed up for weeks right now and I can "afford" to lose a job, I don't like to, but it's not going to hurt.

We had a job lined up for Wednesday to add about 18 recessed cans in a house. Some were replacing dome lights, other were new installations. I call today to tell the HO the cost and she informed me that she'd already bought the fixtures and only needed us to put them in. Also, she'd been talking to other and they said about $20 a can was what she should pay. I told her that if she could get an electrician to do the work for $20ea, then let them do it. She said "don't you want to make a few hundred dollars instead of doing nothing". I kind of laughed and told her I could fill her appointment with higher paying jobs if she didn't want us to do it. So we cancelled the appointment. Good.

I don't like to be rude or turn away work, but I knew she was going to be a pain and the installations weren't going to be easy. She'll probably call back after talking to other electricians and compares prices or she find some "handy"man to do it for $20ea. Either way, I don't want the job.

S
sparky Offline OP
heh~ great responses guys... [Linked Image]

i guess there's a fine (if not aquired) line bettween 'brutaly honest' and 'rude'

but after a while i've personally found that i really don't need to be working anyone with a marked psychosis

that some think me customer seviced challenged is just ducky, better that than have them think me a teddy bear anyways...
[Linked Image from mcbryde.com]

Lately, having had the radish with my share of aforementioned pond scum , i have adopted a blunter approach of informing these pita's that i simply feel they s**k to work for and why.
Spark,
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
[Linked Image]
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard