ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 468 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Redsy, I also think you did the right thing. If you had not the water would have tripped the main. You just beat it to the punch!

Shutting down in an emergency is one thing, but starting with a full load is not a good idea. Arc, even arc supressors are for light loads not for peaks.

[This message has been edited by Resistor (edited 07-26-2001).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
I received a message from Bill today. I may owe a lot of people an apology. But this is one thread where I have regretted that I failed to quote the person to whom I was replying. Since my reply was the first, I thought it was obvious when I said that I agreed, that I was agreeing with Redsy.
Much to my horror, I later realized that it could be ambiguous as to what I was agreeing with.

Redsy had said, "I see no reason do this," and I said that I agree.

I know there have been other threads where someone said that he disagreed or that something was wrong, but we could only guess with whom he might be disagreeing or what he thought was wrong.

As for me, when I quote something, it is so the readers can tell to whom I am replying. It is a crude attempt to turn posts into a conversation. I meant no harm. I'm not the only person who quotes. And I try to make any quotes pertinent, not just a complete copy of a preceding post.

I apologize to anyone who is offended by this style. It's a technique that works for me. I find that it makes it easier to get to the heart of a matter by identifying exactly where we agree and where we don't.

Naturally I'm interested in hearing from folks who agree as well as those who don't.
If everyone thought the same as I do, I wouldn't learn much at all.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard