ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#26409 06/11/03 07:07 AM
S
sparky Offline OP
hi guys,
i have a reqest to install electric floor heat in a 6 x 17 (very high end)bathroom and wish to ask as to what quality products are available.

what have you used?

all pro's con's appreciated

~Steve

C
Steve

The system floor heating the has pretty much taken over in my area is www.nuheat.com
You can get the mats in standard sizes or you can order custom sizes.

I normally let the G.C. or tile contractor purchase the floor heating systems. The reason for this is liability. If this heating system fails not only am I buying a new heating system but I also get to buy a very expensive floor. I just have my guys run a circuit to the thermostat and then run a 1/2" conduit from the thermostat box to the floor so the non heating leads can be run up after drywall. At trim out we set the thermostat.

Curt

Curt Swartz
S
sparky Offline OP
thanks caselec

i may ask if the tile guy's already on this.....

E
Ihave Nuheat in my bathroom and have installed it in several others. They offer a 25 year warranty. I would buy it myself so I can get the profit. From my experience customer service is great. For one job I sent in the layout and dimensions of the bath and they designed a system. There are others but this seems to be the easiest to deal with as it comes pretty musch assembled. Other types you get a spool of wire and clips and a pain in the behind.

S
sparky Offline OP
well i am big on tech support...

S
Hello all....I know I am a little slow with this thread, as I have been away for a while.

As an alternative, I have had excellent results using the EasyHeat systems. I even installed one in my own house.
www.easyheat.com

Bye for now.

Link Copied to Clipboard