ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
HELP
I have a customer who has a electric milling machine that produces 10000 volt, but the machine is old, and has no paper work what so ever for the controls.
I'm looking for a company that will do testing or some sort of UL listing on this.
Hope someone can help me.
Doug

B
For one-off equipment testing and labeling, you might talk to a NETA-member company, found through http://www.netaworld.org/memberlist.cfm?categoryID=7 I’d check with the responsible AHJ for their approval before hiring anyone, though.

Of course, you could have UL do the work. There is also ETL at www.etlsemko.com A generic term for these sort of firms is NRTL…"Nationally Recognized Testing Lab".

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 04-03-2003).]

S
Doug, how and why does the milling machine produce electricity?

Steve
J
It sounds like this is an "electrode discharge milling" (or EDM) machine. This machine uses an electric spark to erode the metal, rather than a rotating cutter.
Try your local machine-shop supply house, for leads to a current rep. Or, search the web for the component makers; their manuals are often on-line.

Link Copied to Clipboard