ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#23785 03/27/03 04:18 PM
R
No employee of the city who enforces, attempts to enforce, or is authorized to enforce this code renders him- or herself or the city liable to third parties for any damage or injury to the person or property of such third parties as a result of the enforcement or non-enforcement of this code. The city assumes no duty of care by virtue of the adoption of this code. No person is justified in relying upon the approval of a plan, the results of an inspection, or the issuance of a certificate of inspection or occupancy, and such approvals, inspections, and certificates are not a guarantee that the plan or work so approved, inspected, or certificated in fact complies with all the requirements of this code. It is the duty of the person owning, controlling, or constructing any building or structure to ensure that the work is done in accordance with the requirements of this code, and it is such persons and not the city who are responsible for damages caused by negligent breach of such duty.

Rowdy

I
That's a beautiful piece of work, no doubt a couple of bureaucrats gave each other a high five after drafting that. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
P
Ah... The bureaucratic mind at work!

Rough translation:

If we think that you have made a mistake, we'll throw the book at you.

If you think that the city has goofed, hard luck! [Linked Image]

U
Yes..it does appear that it is written in "legaleeze". I guess that all too often, all too quickly, someone "lawyers up" and they want to have things in terns they understand. I guess they have a better lobby.

Link Copied to Clipboard