ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 377 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
Edward Offline OP
Currently I ahve an Astro van and i need to change it to buy a cube utility body something like the grumman olson workmax. However, i am not sure what vehicle to get. CHEVY,FORD OR ISUZU.

Please give me your advice.

Edward

Thanks
Edward
E
My vote is for Ford. If I was looking for a new truck now I would check out the Isuzu. Chevys are nice too! You will get opinions on all three so I figured I'd get things rolling. Whatever you choose you will be taking a giant step up from the Astro Van.

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 03-26-2003).]

T
Kinda like asking the ole Ground Pin Up Or Down Question [Linked Image]

I prefer Ford F250 w/powerstroke

Donnie
T
Meanwhile...
http://www.thesitecommander.com/

Good luck!

C
Have you considered the new Mercedes/Freightliner vans? I don't know what they cost but I am seeing more and more of them on the road now.

The Isuzu cab-over diesels last forever, from everything I have heard, but I also heard they are dangerous in an accident. Is this true?

Peter
E
We just bought a "workmax" like truck. Actually ours is a 12 ft Supreme Spartan, it's the same thing basically only suposed to be a little heavier duty. Ours is GMC. We looked at Isuzu, but the body was too high off the ground. I liked the Isuzu, but in the end we went with GMC. We like the set up, but not the gas mileage. Also nobody wanted to drive it after we bought it, but they all like having EVERYTHING on the truck.

CT Wireman:
I guess if you are in front of the vehicle, sitting over the left front wheel, with a nice big windshield in front of you, and the "bus" steering wheel....and you hit something head-on....you're in deep trouble.

Drove a few ISUZU type, there fun, economical, last long.....but.

Like anything you drive, ya got to be careful.
John

John
T
Yea, just a cautionary note, my brother in law is going to be years in rehab putting his legs back together after wrapping one of those cab over thingys around them.

TW

Link Copied to Clipboard