ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
sparky Offline OP
The call comes in realtor #1 says
"we gotta wire in the simpson house,don't know what it does, could you check it out?"

So i go check it out, there's a piece of rx run floor to cieling where a wall once notably was removed, verified it as cir #31, marked it on the rx, billed out a service call.

realtor #2 calls..
"can you remove this wire? or make it safer"?

Sure i say, why don't you have the owner call me. The owner calls " We gotta passing on friday, can you 'fix' the wire"

Sure i say, and return to the residence to run the wire properly, bill out another service call

realtor #1calls again looking for an update & wants me to talk to the banker

realtor #2 leaves 3 urgent messages and wants a call back ASAP

So i call realtor #2 and she says i need to forward a letter to the banker stating that i have accomplished the work needed, realtor #1 sings the same tune....

No problem i say, and fax off to the banker the letter
the buyer then calls, with ants in her pants about the entire matter.
[Linked Image]

the Banker calls, wanting verification of licensure and insurance, explaining that the underwriter has big teeth, blah,blah,blah....

No problemo i say, and fax off the needed #'s...

I have spent more time talking and/or faxing here than actually working, mostly with individuals who are kissing a** to a nauseating extent.

Is there a price for this???

P
Hmm.... The perils of multiple listing and having to deal with a whole bunch of different people, most of whom have no idea what the others have already done or are planning to do.

Most realtors in England don't get involved with wiring matters at all. In fact, these days their particulars for a house generally include a notice something like: "Electrical wiring, electric/gas appliances, and central heating systems have not been tested by {name}...", or words tpo that effect. They leave such matters entirely in the hands of the buyer to have the necessary tests carried out independently, if he so wishes.

G
Sparky, the price is,you'll have to wait at least 45 to 60 days to get your money!

S
sparky Offline OP
awe Russ...been there done that huh!

G
Yup! And have a hole in my bank account to prove it [Linked Image]:

F
I used to do a lot of this type of work for 2 realtors in my area. I had a standard contract they signed providing payment for any work I did on a selling property had to be made at closing. I would fax a bill to the realtor(s) and the title/abstract company so it had to be dealt with and a check issued to me before closing. It worked well. If the buyer backed out, as happened a time or two, the next buyer or the seller had to satisfy my bill before they could close. Never had to wait more than a couple of weeks on my money.

G
Good idea Fred. While we're on the subject I'm going to vent a bit.How many of you hear these excuses for not paying immediately after they have called every night for a week telling you it's verrrry important that "you come tommorrow and fix this"."Ummm,my wife/husband has the checkbook." "My checkbook is in my other new truck" "You mean I pay you now?(with look of indiginity) Meanwhile you've done 3 wks. worth of svc. calls and small jobs,with no pay as of yet.Then, at 7:00 Friday evening you drive home from another attic or crawlspace job,dirty/and or itchy,bone tired,and you see their new car/truck in the swanky resturant parking lot,while you have two rumpled dollars in your pocket. Hmmm,wonder if they have to pay for their meal after they eat or does the resturant send them a bill which they forget to pay for 2 months? I know,quit whining. Russell

L
LK Offline
Last week i at the garage to pick up the truck. A lady at the counter said she would pay for the work on friday, The owner said fine you can pick up your car on friday. "No i need it for work tomorrow." Owner ok i open a 7:00 stop with payment and you can have it tomorrow. He walked away, and the lady started screaming I will never do business here anymore //// slamed the door and left. When the owner returned I paid my bill, and left.
That same evening the plumber arrived to install my water heater. He demanded payment before work was started. No exceptions!
The owner of the garage is living well, The plumber is living well, well how is the electrician living.

E
[Linked Image]The underwriter is in the Department of Redundancy Department. [Linked Image]

Al Hildenbrand
J
My last three jobs were: A resturant, a doctors office and a garage.

If the first can't pay I eat till we're even.

If the second can't pay The hippocratic oath assures me that any future illness will leaves us square.

And the third is just an all around great hard working down to earth guy, that keeps all my vehicles in tip top shape, pays in full on every job same day. Even gave my brother a job when he was down on his luck.

I don't trust bankers, insurance agents, realtors or mobile home dealers.

Lighting the way
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard