ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hmm... I'm sure any one of us would be happy if we over-quoted a job and just happened to end up with a spare $38 million at the end of it! [Linked Image]

I seem to get one or two of these things every couple of days at the moment. Most of them are a former prince/prime minister/etc. who has been killed during civil war or rebellion. I was quite surprised to get one recently where it happened to be just the president of a bank who had been killed in an auto accident. Maybe they thought that sounded more credible against all the others.

Some of these people really should check their facts though. Some of this junk I receive is so full of inconsistencies that I wouldn't think anybody would believe it. One born every minute, I suppose.

L
hey joe.....it says,we need your bank account numbers to send the money too.. [Linked Image]

I still get this hooeey, Maybe we should go find the fella that sends them.
There was a post from someone that had way too much time on his hands, and f*****d with them. I'll try to dig it up...S

M
Electure (and others);
I found that link you were referring to (I have too much time on my hands too, on occasion) [Linked Image]. This was originally posted by SvenNYC.
www.haxial.com/fraud/mikeaba.html

Mike (mamills)

T
Mr. Tedesco:

Apparently, that message was meant to be displayed in Hangul , the Korean alphabet.

I have no idea what the text means:
[Linked Image from 65.108.216.53]

T
P. S. The United States Secret Service is well aware of this scheme.
http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml

P
It does indeed seem as though some of the scammers have decided they can do it without some influencial person getting "killed."
I received this one in my mail this morning:

Subj: VERY VERY URGENT CONTACT
Date: 3/13/03 12:42:38 AM GMT Standard Time
To: paulcoxwell@aol.com

NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION
CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
LAGOS-NIGERIA.

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.

FROM THE DESK OF INNOCENT IHEOMA.

DEAR SIR,

REQUEST FOR URGENT CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS

After due deliberation with my colleagues, I decided
to forward this proposal to you. We want a reliable person who could assist us to transfer the sum of Twleve Million United States Dollars (US$12,000,000.00) into his/her account.

This fund resulted from an over-invoced bill from contract awarded by us under the budget allocation to my ministry and the bill was approved for payment by the concerned ministries. The contract has been executed, commissioned and the contractor was paid
the actual cost of the contract. we are left with the balance of US$12,000,000.00 as part of the over-invoiced amount, which we have deliberately over estimated for our own. I am contacting you to be our custodan for this fund.

on the receipt of this, we have agreed on this below sharing ratio:-
1. 25% for you as the account owner.
2. 70% for us
3. 5% for Tax, as may required by our Government and your government.

As you may want to know and to make you less curious,
I got your address from adverts, in business
directory that protrayed your establishment in good light. I am the Secretary of the Contract Awarding Committee (C.A.C)of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC).

This transaction is very much free from all sorts of RISK and TROUBLE from my Government. We have been exercising patience for this great business opportunity for so long and to most of us, this is a life time opportunity we cannot affford to miss.

To get this fund paid into your account, we have to present a Payment Invoice from a foreign establishment like yours. With this invoice, we will seek approval to transfer the fund within 14 banking days through
the APEX BANK (C.B.N) to your designatd Bank Account. I and one of my colleague involved in this deal will come to your country to arrange for our share upon the confirmation from you that the money has been credited into your nominated Bank Account.

Consequently, upon your acceptance of my proposal kindly confirm you interest by revert email to me through my email
indicating your sincereity and serious interest to accomplished this business opoortunity with me, then the procedures of your operation is needed due to the fact that this deal is not for child's play.

It will surprise you why we choose you and trust you for this transaction. Yes, we believe that good friends can be discovered and business like this cannot be realized without trust. Be further informed that everyone's interest and security had been considered before you were contacted. So be rest assured and fell free to go into this transaction with us.

With all pleasure, we are looking forward for your urgent response but endeavor to maintain the utmost confidentiality required.

Thank you and God Bless.

Best regards,

INNOCENT IHEOMA.

I'm so glad they checked me out so carefully. I must have been so naive to think that they just sent this to every e-mail address they could find. [Linked Image]

5% for Tax, as may required by our Government and your government.
5% for tax? I don't know about tax in Nigeria, but I could assure him that if I put through an official invoice for $12m or its equivalent that the money-grabbing pack of vultures in Whitehall would demand a LOT more than 5%!

And wouldn't you think that the secretary of a big corporation wud be abel to spelll a litl bettr? [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 03-13-2003).]

T
Did ENRON's executives transfer to Nigeria? [Linked Image]

Donnie
T
They must have used a computer. The worst spelling mistakes are still caused by spell checkers.
Sign in a shop window: "Microsoft spel chekar vor sail. Worgs grate!" [Linked Image]
BTW, did you know that the USA used to have a russian minister? This is what the German M$ Word 2000 tried to make of the US minister for foreign affairs.

C
bill, i thought i was the lucky one. trying to get a cut of my money aye? LOL!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard