ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I just got the following Email that I wanted to share with you all.

REQUEST FOR URGENT /CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESSRELATIONSHIP.

I am the Financial Controller, National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) here in Lagos, Nigeria. I am seeking for assistance of a reliable foreigner through whom I can transfer the sum of US$38,600.00(Thirty-Eight Million, Six Hundred Thousand U. S. Dollars) which arose from the deliberate over-inflated contract value of the general expansion of the Kanji Dam Thermal Station on behalf of National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) for increased energy generation to Nigeria and some other Western African Countries.

The present government of chief Olusegun Obasanjo through the chairman contract award committee National Electric Power Authority awarded the contract to an expatriate firm with the consideration of 10% commission agreement on the total contract value. The contract has been completed
and the contractor has long been paid, we are left with this US$38,600,000.00 being our own share that is remaining in the federal government account. The
current favorable political / economic climate in the country now presented an opportunity for this money to be transferred out of the country. My contact in the federal ministry of finance have given me a go ahead advice to begin the process of the remittance, hence I have set in motion the machinery for the take off of this transaction and further actions will commence immediately I hear from you.

At the conclusion of the transfer into your nominated account, 20% of this sum would be for you, 5% would be used to reimburse all expenses made during the processing of the transfer by both parties, while 75% is for me. The nature of your business is not particular relevant for the transaction. All I require is your willingness to co-operate and assurance that my own share will be given to me when this money is transferred into your account. All necessary precautions have been taken to ensure a no risk situation on the sides of both parties and it is believed that this conclusion of this transaction will not last more than 14 working days.

Since I have no knowledge of business, my plan is to invest this money into real estate, stock and I can also invest in some other profitable business in your country based on your advice because many of my years has been spent as civil servant, and I may likely resign from government service to private business after this money is transferred into your account. Please if this proposal is acceptable to you, or if you have any questions feel free to contact me on the above e-mail address, I will oblige you with further information and please I need your private telephone/fax numbers, for easy and confidential communication.

Best regards,

Iysa Ade Bello
What do you think?
Are these guys getting more inventive or what?

Bill

Bill
M
Yeah Bill they get very inventive. When I come into work on Mondays I have about 15 of those "Once in a lifetime deals". I just forward them to the treasury department. Joe

M
Why my goodness, Bill...we're looking at the next multi-millionaire!! How fortunate you are indeed [Linked Image].

I wish I had a dime for every piece of CRAP (putting it very mildly) like this which I receive, virtually, every day [Linked Image]. Yours is rather unusual in two respects - Apparently no one died in order for you to receive this "remarkable" offer, and it doesn't seem to be related in some manner to nigerian oil.

I guess even crooks can tire of using the same old MO day after day...

A word to the wise...as a general rule I never even open any of this garbage, for fear that one may contain a virus.

Mike (mamills)

T
Man, You mean only get to keep 20%? I'd hold out for more. [Linked Image]

Donnie
C
C-H Offline
Ah, so that's where all that money that was supposed to be used for electrification of Nigeria went! No wonder half the country still lacks power...

So, .... Are you guys in?
I've gotten about 10 of these already today so I know they are anxious to deal, should I hold out for 25%?

This is the first one I can remember that was Electrical related I wonder if they are using filtered email lists to target their audience now. Isn't technology great?

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
P
Since when is $38,600.00 equal to "(Thirty-Eight Million, Six Hundred Thousand U. S. Dollars)" [Linked Image]

They must use metric Kilo-Dollars in Nigeria.

J
hey bill,

if you want we could swap a few of those letters if you want, i get about 5 to 10 a day via the company e mail address.

If these were all true i wouldnt be writtin this !!!!

Over here we hand them all over to the Serious Crime Squad (fraud division) and they can play with them.

Have fun.

S
AAAWWWW Pealfish, you ruined it for me.

I was going to give Bill my bank account number and split the take with him 50/50. But since you pointed that out I don't think I can trust these guys now.

Thanks alot.

Scott

Hey Bill: I received this today and thought that this offer was interesting too, but could not understand this language?

I wonder if they will give me the millions described in the email from the Barristers and other titles!

What does this say??

Ä«µåÇÒÀÎ(Ä«µå±ø)ÇÒ ¶§ °¡Àå " Áß¿ä "ÇÑ °Í

1 . ù°´Â " ¾ÈÀü " ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

¾ÈÀüÇØ¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÀúÈñ´Â ¾ÈÀüÀ» ÃÖ¿ì¼±À¸·Î »ý°¢ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
»ç½Ç ´Ù¸¥ Á¶°ÇÀº ´Ù ¶È°°°Å³ª ºñ½ÁÇÏÁö¸¸
¾ó¸¶³ª ¾ÈÀüÇÑ°¡(?)´Â ¹ÏÁö ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÀúÈñ´Â Ä«µå ÇÒÀÎ ¾÷ü°¡ ¾Æ´Ï±â ¶§¹®¿¡
»çÈÄ¿¡ ¹®Á¦°¡ µÉ °ÍÀÌ ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù.
±ÞÇϽǼö·Ï ½ÅÁßÇϼž߰ÚÁÒ?

2 . µÑ°´Â " ÇÒÀÎÀ² " ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

°£´ÜÇÏ°Ô ¸»¾¸µå·Á¼­ 100¸¸¿ø ¾îÄ¡ ¹°°ÇÀ»
ÇÒºÎ(03°³¿ù~24°³¿ù)·Î »ç¼­ ¸Å´Þ ÇҺαÝÀ» ³»¸é µÇ´Âµ¥
´çÀÏ ´çÀå Ä«µå¸¦ ±ÜÀ¸¸é 100¸¸¿ø¿¡ ¾ó¸¶¸¦ ¼ö¼ö·á·Î »©°í
ÇöÂû¸¦ ¾ó¸¶³ª µå¸®´À³Ä ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

3 . ¼Â°´Â " ½Å¿ë " ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

µ·ÀÌ ±ÞÇؼ­ Ä«µå ÇÒÀÎ ±îÁö ÇÏ¸ç µ·À» ¸¸µå½Ã´Âµ¥
»çä¾÷üÀÇ Áö³ªÄ£ Æø¸®·Î µ·À» ¹Þ¾Æ µ¹¾Æ°¥ ¶§
±âºÐÀÌ ÁÁÁö ¸øÇϼÌÁÒ ?
±× ¼ö¼ö·á ³»¿ªÀ» Åõ¸íÇÏ°Ô ¹àÇôµå¸³´Ï´Ù.
ÃæºÐÈ÷ ÀÌÇØ°¡ µÇ½Ç °Ì´Ï´Ù.
Ä«µå´ë±ÝÀ¸·Î °íÅë¹Þ°í °è½Å ºÐµé²²¼­ ÀüÈ­Áֽøé
¾ÆÁÖ ½±°íµµ ºÐ¸íÇÑ ÇØ°áÃ¥À» ¾Ë·Áµå¸®°Ú½À´Ï´Ù.

ÀÌ»ó ÀúÈñÀÇ ¾÷¹«»ó ½Å³äÀ» °£°áÇÏ°Ô ¸»¾¸µå·È½À´Ï´Ù.
»ó´ãÀ» ¿øÇϽô ºÐµéÀº
0 1 1 - 9 4 6 9 - 5 2 4 9 ·Î ¹Ù·Î ÀüÈ­ ÁÖ¼¼¿ä

¿äÁò ¿ì¸®³ª¶ó¿¡¼­ ¹®Á¦°¡ Å©°Ô µÇ°í ÀÖ´Â
½Å¿ëÄ«µå³ª ÀºÇà´ëÃâ·Î ÀÎÇÑ ½Å¿ëºÒ·®ÀÚÀÇ ´ë·® ¹ß»ýÀÌ
¸¹Àº ºÐµé²² °íÅëÀÌ µÇ°í ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù.
Àú ¿ª½Ã ±× °æÇèÀڷνá Ä«µå ´ë±ÝÀ¸·Î ÀÎÇÑ ¾î·Á¿ò¿¡
óÇϽŠºÐµé²² ¾î¶»°Ôµç Á¦ °æÇèÀÌ µµ¿òÀÌ µÇ±æ ¹Ù¶ø´Ï´Ù.
Àú ¿ª½Ã ÇöÀçµµ ÀÌ ¹æ¹ýÀ¸·Î Á¦ ¹®Á¦¸¦ ÇØ°áÇÏ°í ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù.
Á¦°¡ ¾î·Á¿ò¿¡ óÇÑ ºÐµé²² µµ¿òÀÌ µÇ°í
Àú ¿ª½Ã ÀúÈñ ȸ»ç¿¡ µµ¿òÀÌ µÇ¾î
ÀϹæÀûÀÎ Ä«µåÇÒÀÎ ¾÷ü¸¸ ¹èºÒ¸®´Â°Ô ¾Æ´Ñ
¼­·Î À©-À© ÇÏ¿© ÀÌ ¾î·Á¿î ½Ã±â¸¦ Àß ³Ñ°åÀ¸¸é ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

º»ÀÇ ¾Æ´Ï°Ô ºÒÇÊ¿äÇÑ ¸ÞÀÏÀ» ¹ÞÀ¸½Ã°Ô µÇ½Å ºÐµé²´
Á˼ÛÇÑ ¸¶À½À» ¸Ó¸®¼÷¿© ÀÌ ±Û°ú ÇÔ²² º¸³»µå¸®´Â ¹ÙÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
¸ðÁ¶·Ï ¼­·Î »ó»ýÇÏÀÚ´Â Á¦ Ãæ½ÉÀ» °ü´ëÇÏ°Ô ÀÌÇØÇØ Áּż­
³ë¿©¿òÀ» Ç®¾î ÁÖ½Ã±æ ´Ù½Ã Çѹø °£Ã»µå¸³´Ï´Ù

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard