ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Welcome!

Usually We have a "Welcome Thread" going to help new Members and others thinking about signing up to break the ice. Our last one (magnificently done by another Member!) was a casualty of a Full Server and was lost ... [Linked Image]

So, If anyone wants to use this space to say Hello for the first time, put up a test post, etc etc, don't be shy. If any of our Not-So-New Members would like to add their comments or advice please do.

Questions and Suggestions are also Welcome. Tell us where you're from, Got Snow? Whatever you want to share.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
W
Hi Everyone!
I too have been lurking on the sidelines...... Just haven't had the two cents to throw in yet!
I do enjoy the learning and reminders I have read here and check the board several times a day usually.
I've been in the trades over 30 years and a sparky since the '86 NEC.
I will be taking the ESI/BI test here in Ohio in June to be certified as an Electrical inspector and a Building inspector. If anyone should have advice or comments, I would appreciate your input.

The weather here is-a-changin' as we speak. The forecast is for rain, or snow, or we are not sure. Northern Ohio is never dull when it comes to the weather!

Keep up the great work guys!
Thanks,
Dave

[This message has been edited by WebSparky (edited 02-22-2003).]

Dave
J
Hello from just south of Hotlanta GA. Great site. Keep up the good work.
Keith

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years to late" Jimmy Buffett
Welcome Guys,

I think that you'll find there are a Great bunch of people here! (and not too many disruptions)

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
OK, now we have a "Welcome Thread" going again...
I have to join Bill, and send a "Welcome" to all the new members.
I've "been around" for a while.
There's a great group here, and the "door" is open to anyone....
All that the group asks is that you register...and maintain a reasonable amount of order.

BTW, I'm from New Jersey, it's raining now, and we had 2'+ of snow recently.

John

John
W
Thanks for the welcome.

Glad this forum is here!

Dave
John,

I would like to add that We are trying to remain a Message Board for the Trades and Related Persons. This can include a wide range of people, but it does not include untrained people that are just looking for quick answers or installation instructions.

So, I guess that basically, We are looking for serious people (people serious about the Electrical Trade and related things). But We do have some Fun from time to time. [Linked Image] (don't we?)

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 02-22-2003).]

Bill
C
[Linked Image] hi to all the new members! don't be scared to join in. we don't bite & there's no snapping allowed. just a great gang! [Linked Image]

W
Hi guys!,
Well I have been reading and learning from this site for almost 2 years. Guess its about time I surface. I'll try and keep it short.
I have been been doing residential electrical work part time, on and off, since I was a teenager, about 1960 - back when you soldered and taped! Always wanted to make it a full time profession, but seamed to get side tracked. Well, I have now taken early retirement from an office job and I am doing new residential construction and I love it! It sure beats sitting inside behind a computer all day! By the way in preparation for becoming a full time sparky I took and passed the master exam first try. Reading and learning from the posts in this site helped me pass. I thank everyone who contributes to this site with their years of practical knowledge! No way I could have passed without your help!
Now for some humor. "...retirement...since 1960...." You must be thinking this guy is up their in years. Well, third week on the job, boss says to me, "after I finish triming out that house can you try and get the temp pole out of the ground...but don't hurt yourself, we can get one of the younger guys to get it." Next moring I pull up with the temp pole and a muddy groung rod in the back of my pick-up! (I got the old rod from behind my garage and rubbed some mud on it.) I say to the boss...."You did want the rod too!" He still wants to know how the old man got it out! Hee, Hee!
Well, so much for keeping it short. Going to ask a question about duel water header feeds in another thread. I am confident, as usual, you guys and gals will have some good infromation and advice.

Thanks again! Wirecat

R
Wirecat, welcome. I have been in management for five going on six years now and truly envy you. I would love to be wiring houses again. I actually manipulate situations to allow me to spend a day in the field every now and then. (helps me maintain my sanity) I like your story, don't ever let them know the truth. [Linked Image]

Roger

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard