ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, ampherder), 263 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Virgil,
does playin' that 12 string gives one fingertip callus enough to punch KO's?
[Linked Image]

live Dead,"classic" rock but, mostly blues of the Chi version.

P
Paul, I was on a job once where a fellow electrician had complained about the loud abnoxiuos radio's (and they were) to no avail, so he went to the temporary panel when no one was around and put 240v to the circuits long enough to cure the problem
I like his approach! Pity that such an "accident" would be harder to arrange here with single-phase services that are just 2-wire 240V. Maybe I should keep it in mind for the next time I'm somewhere with a 3-phase service though! [Linked Image]

I didn't make you mad last time, so:
"Who are you and what have you done with Virgil?"
That's a picture of Bob Dylan after 2 days on the torture device..."The Rack"...S [Linked Image]
PS: That's a very complicated chord

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 02-25-2003).]

electure,

LOL! Yeah, 6'1" and 140 lbs makes for a rather high "aspect ratio"... [Linked Image]

The cord being played there is likely a simple A7 chord with only two fingers depressing. Fret two on the B and D strings for E-A-E-A-C#-E in voicing. The other fingers are just in the "ready" position for active and passing tones and the thumb is muting the bass E string.

sparky,

Oh yes, lots of callouses from both the 12 and the bass, and I can finger-punch *some* KOs, like the recessed KOs in 4x4s...

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 02-25-2003).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
J
My user name says it all to people that know him! Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late!
Also most classic rock
Keith

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years to late" Jimmy Buffett
N
For the Zappa fans out there I am just curious. What era do you like? He was around for about 25 years and styles changed dramatically. I like the ’88 bands jazz live jazz rework of his old stuff the best. 12 piece band (full horn section) playing extremely complicated pieces flawlessly night after night. They never played the same set twice and Frank would even decide to change the key in the middle of the song without warning. Kept the band on there toes! Anything from the mid 70’s on is great. I never did get into the early Mothers much. Before my time and just too weird.
Favorite drummer: Vinnie Colaiuta . (Terry Bozio a close second)
Favorite guitar player: (other than Frank) Steve Vai
Bass: All great no favorite.
I wasn’t going to post anything on this. For those of you that don’t care I understand but, you asked! [Linked Image]

PS: Other music I like. Almost any classic rock,(Zeppelin, Hendrix etc.) Jazz, (Chick Corea, Dave Wekel, etc) basically anything with talented musicians. (Not many are anymore!)

Mr Kelly,
Looks like an A minor 7th with your thumb held over the low E strings to deaden them, (but I wouldn't know why)
Must be nice to have "bony fingers" that'll wrap all the way 'round the neck [Linked Image]...S
Anybody that's not played a 12 string guitar should give it a try! It'll make you realize how weak your fingers really are!
Nick, Just Another Band from LA, Tinseltown Rebellion, and ALL of the others.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 02-26-2003).]

T
[Linked Image]
Electric Avenue, Eddy Grant
Electric Blue, IceHouse
Electric Slide, Marcia Griffiths
Electric Youth, Debbie Gibson
Neutron Dance, Pointer Sisters
You Light Up My Life, Debbie Boone

electure,

The high G with the pinky and the C with the first finger are tones added for color to the base chord. The ring finger is actually depressed here, but the first finger is depressed so that when the ring finger is lifted, the "blues-note" minor third C as opposed to major third C# becomes an interesting passing tone. In other words, the ring finger is on the same string as the first finger, not the string above it as in a Amin7 chord. In fact, the G string is open in this chord. But good eye! Sometimes both are lifted for the 9th tone open B to be heard. The high seventh G can simply be thrown in with the pinky when tempted to do so...

Deadening the low E helps the root note A stand out better, but the thumb can be lifted to throw that lower 5th E in when wanted, and to make a more interesting bass line.

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 02-27-2003).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard