ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
Dear ECN Forum members:
It's with great sadness that I report to you that our dear friend & master electrician, Al Hildenbrand, of Minneapolis, MN, passed away from CoVid complications on April 3, 2022. Al was an incredible human being, ready to help everyone with his knowledge (and humor). I know that he was a frequent contributor to this forum, so I wanted to share with you all this sad news. I apologize for the tardiness of this post.

His profile, for those who knew him: https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/users/397/electrical.html

His obit: https://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/0000422304/

I was fortunate enough to be asked to speak at his memorial at the Walker Community United Methodist Church on April 16, 2022. Here are my complete words: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yMM0Pkxk68OKMFKUlflO3hCiGoVLAGIY/view?usp=share_link

Here are the few last words that I shared:
We are ALL heartbroken for our loss. The world lost a wonderfully delightful, complex human being – a dedicated father, a kind friend, a great mind, and a deeply evolved spirit. I’ll leave you with two “Al-isms” that we often quote. May they stick with you as they stick with us.

“Some of my best work gets covered up.”

As an electrical engineer and an electrician, Al took great lengths to make his work look neat and tidy. When we worked on one of my remodeling projects, he coined this quote after a sheet rocker came along and covered up much of what he had just painstakingly finished. The phrase endured. So next time you do something that goes unnoticed, just say: “Some of my best work gets covered up.” And as we do, reference Al…

“Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution.”

While Al denied that he coined it, he quoted it often. So next time you do a quick, temporary repair, just say: “Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution.” And as we do, reference Al…

Al, you are remembered as you live on in us. In so many ways. Namaste.

Bruce Colglazier Pappas
(c) 763-229-7075
(e) bruce@brucepappas.com

Bruce,

Thanks for the info. Sorry for your loss (and ours).

ElectricAL was one of our 'Old Timers', a Member since 2001. He helped make things interesting and informative around here.

To Al, cheers

Bill
No need to apologise Bruce, thank you for letting us know of Al's passing.
I remember Al quite well he was never short of advice from the time that I first started posting here.
A very decent guy.

Link Copied to Clipboard