ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#221974 10/19/22 09:39 PM
Cat Servant
Milwaukee 2144-20 Radius
Compact site light with flood mode
Just picked up this light at a dealer — though I didn’t see it on Milwaukee’s site. My cost was about $161.

I’m working in a room — a converted one car garage — that has three small window. No power on site (why else call a sparky?) This light gave just the right amount of illumination. I had it set atop aa fridge sitting near the middle of the room.

The light uses the same 18V batteries as Milwaukee tools. Or, if house power is available, you can connect it to an extension cord. On the underside is a folding rafter hook.

J
I am usually not in one area for long as I do mostly service calls and smaller jobs. I use a headlamp for 99% of my work. If I need more than that, I plug in an LED floodlight into a cord if there is power on site. Most of those times though I am helping out on some bigger service change or outage with my co workers and we bring a generator and multiple LED worklights. On a few jobs we temp wired a cord from the generator into electrical room lights while we changed a large service.

G
I know this goes against the grain but this is my favorite flashlight these days. During the flood one of these was floating by and when I grabbed it, it worked. I had several of them around and they all worked through the whole adventure. Soaking them in salt water doesn't phase them and I found one that had been on a couple of days and there was still light coming out. 3 AAAs makes them good as new. I now have one in every drawer. They are $1.50 each at Northern Tool.

[Linked Image from gfretwell.com]

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard