ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 92 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
I could eat home-made pizza for every meal. We don't make the crust from scratch...we use the boxed crust mix, but we love to mess with the sauce, and ratio of meat to cheese, and different cheeses. We don't normally stray from onion, black olives and peppers for the veggies...some things just don't belong on pizza! laugh Our youngest daughter is lactose-intolerant, so we'll make a separate pizza for her with the fake shredded cheese she prefers. Finding a fake cheese that sort-of melts in the oven without turning into a puddle of oil was quite a struggle. Home-made burritos and enchiladas are also a favorite.

N
Always thought the "English Way" was boiling peas to the "proper" shade of gray. grin

C
There's nothing better than pizza

Last edited by Crudayt; 07/15/22 05:43 AM.
I'll take re-heated slices over fresh from the oven anytime, I like the crust a little crisper on the bottom.

Bill
N
pizza with pineapples

Last edited by nancyrope9; 09/20/22 06:33 AM.
Cat Servant
Try ground hog burgers! Use pork sausage in place of ground beef— then let everyone think you said “groundhog.”
An Arkansas specialty. smile

G
One of my neighbors drops off some "ground hog" now and then, wild hog.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by NORCAL
Always thought the "English Way" was boiling peas to the "proper" shade of gray. grin
Rollie,
You've never been to England have you?
And experienced Fish and Chips (decent ones) and mushy peas and salt and vinegar all over the chips.
The chips there are NOT fries like you Americans have, they are bigger.

To an American, all of this might sound gross, but it isn't, the further north you go, the better the Fish and Chips get and the added accoutrements that go with them are.

English food being poor is a thing with Americans that seem to think that once the troops left there after WWII they took the good food with them.
I mean God Bless America but they could have joined the war a bit sooner (like 4 years sooner).

G
Fast food joints have corrupted the meaning of "fries" with those skinny ones, just because they cook faster. Before McDonalds, fries had a cross section of 1/2" or larger. I really prefer the crinkle cut fries that are larger than that but the crinkle cut allows them to cook pretty fast.
I learned a lot about fries when I was on the fast food project with IBM. We actually got a big part of the Burger King management training in that rollout when the whole financial structure got reintegrated into the cash register system. I am not sure how many times I saw the fries video but it ran pretty often in the break room, along with a half dozen other training tapes. If the kids were watching a tape they didn't have to punch out on a break (manager discretion)

Greg Fretwell
N
It was said as a joke, which was the reason for this, grin Some countries have a better reputation for food but no way could everything be bad.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard