ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
Hi there,

I did a thread a couple of months back where I asked you to answer a survey:
https://www.electrical-contractor.n...can-i-ask-for-your-input.html#Post221122

We're still working hard on the tool belt! It's finally on its later stages and I wanna thank you all for your invaluable input. I do have some follow-up questions here:

Are there any women electricians here? May I know your experiences and suggestions on picking up a good tool belt?

We're trying to make the tool belt as accommodating as possible for people with smaller frames and well, women tend to have smaller frames than your average guy and according to our research, can be problematic.

Would love to know your thoughts! Thanks!

G
I have never seen a female electrician but we have a few women inspectors. My wife was in construction and she carried her stuff around on her belt but she wasn't a small woman. A belt is really a personal choice and hard to generalize from what I see.

Greg Fretwell
There is one (1) female Electrical Contractor that works in the two (2) towns that I inspect in. And, yes she does work with tools and does the paperwork also. I have seen her and another female employee of hers on a few jobs also. Yes, she does work that I would say is "above average" of what I see.

John
One of the resi contractors has a female journeyperson on his crew. She also does quality resi work.

John

Link Copied to Clipboard