ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 277 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
Calvin Offline OP
Hello all,

I am a new forum member and have a question pertaining to something different I ran across on the Electrical section of the current set of prints I am reviewing.

This is a remodel and from everything I can tell, most everything is fairly straight forward.. However, I ran into a Diagram Note that reads:

"Existing building service to remain and be reused. Contractor to verify distribution and protection to existing panel "K10" and provide new 220A feed and Overcurrent protection if not existing. Coordinate any work required with existing conditions and building engineer."

Most of the note is understood, ... Existing Panel K10 remains but needs tested since the circuits will be completely changed.. The only place I have a question is the "provide new 220A feed and Overcurrent protection if not existing" sentance.. I understand this to mean that a new 220 feed needs to be provided and then only add the Overcurrent protection if it doesn't already exist..

I really hope I am not making way too much out of this note.. Am I correct in my assumption? Or am I way off?

Thank you for all your help!!

G
I read that to say they are modifying K10 (panel) and the load may change. Verify that the feeder ampacity and O/C protection is adequate and replace it if it is not. It might also mean that if the feeder is a tap they want O/C protection at the source end. If this is not clear you could always kick it back for a better explanation or description of the scope of work. It is better to have this clear now than later in the project. It may also alter the contractors bid so I assume they would like to know now too.

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard