ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by gfretwell

I guess I am just a carpenter wink

Greg,
It is so easy to go from heirloom furniture to firewood in one wrong cut with the saw or the router.
We all need to remember this.......

Last edited by Trumpy; 05/24/21 05:01 AM.
One thing Bill,
I've never liked the idea of the Table saw, I do all of my cuts with a circular saw over a couple of saw horses and 4 x 2" timbers between them.
At least the saw blade is below the timber as it's being cut and you have a guard on the saw.

Originally Posted by Trumpy
One thing Bill,
I've never liked the idea of the Table saw, I do all of my cuts with a circular saw over a couple of saw horses and 4 x 2" timbers between them.
At least the saw blade is below the timber as it's being cut and you have a guard on the saw.

Until recently all I had was a circular saw. The Table saw gives a much better & straighter cut than I could ever do with a Circular saw.

Bill
G
I have been using a table saw for about 45 years since my first major remodel/addition. There are plenty of things you can do with a table saw that are really scary trying with a circular saw. When combined with a "sled" (a carrier for small pieces) you can do stuff that is impossible with your handy Skil saw.

I have certainly made my share of firewood tho. I try to test a new jig with framing lumber and not the $10 a board foot wood I want to end up using.
Today I think SPF goes for that tho.

Greg Fretwell
I made a sled too. I agree, very handy. Also good for getting a square cut on longer pieces.

I have a Tapering Jig too, which is does things that would be difficult otherwise.

Bill
G
My sled is really just a piece of 3/4" plywood with a 3/4" rail under it. I just screw stuff to itr as I need them. Toggle clamps are really handy.Amazon has a pretty good selection. I screw them to the sled to hold whatever I want to cut if it is a finger hazard. You can also screw a cleat or 3 down to make a bunch of repetitive cuts. It helped when I needed to make a bunch of octagons.

Greg Fretwell
That’s basically what mine is minus the clamps. I want to add some to hold down smaller pieces and to make repetitive cuts but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Attached Images
100A258C-1309-4CBF-8EB8-CC210EB4060B.jpeg

Bill
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard