ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Yes that was the guy. He used to work at Colonial Williamsburg Va before he became famous.

Greg Fretwell
That's an oldie, gotta be 40 years since I've seen that.

Bill
G
PBS is still running the Underhill show. The Router Workshop show does seem to be unavailable now. I am not sure where it went but they may have a licensing thing since it came from Canada.

Greg Fretwell
My Dad used to watch all those shows. Back in those days we only had one TV, so I watched what he watched.

Bill
G
They are still running the Woodsmith Shop on the PBS Create channel. That is the one with all the power tools you wish you had. Tuesday has a show about router joints.

Greg Fretwell
Just thought of this last night:

I got a Craftsman Router for Christmas back when I was in my 20s. Never thought I'd have a use for it, so I never even opened the Box. Sears took it back for credit over 20 years later. They had a great guarantee.

Bill
G
I started with one of those Craftsman 1/4 " routers but when I started playing with raised panel doors my wife bought me a Porter Cable 1/2" that can spin up those big bits.

Greg Fretwell
G
Originally Posted by Bill Addiss
Is Underhill the guy that used to go walking or skipping thru the woods on the beginning of the show?

I think he had a drill press that he pedaled or something like that... no power tools

My wife calls him Roy Underarm. He would work up some huge pit stains in his shirt using the hand tools, and it would gross her out. laugh

G
Originally Posted by gfretwell
They are still running the Woodsmith Shop on the PBS Create channel. That is the one with all the power tools you wish you had. Tuesday has a show about router joints.

The Woodsmith Shop show is shot at a studio a few blocks west of where I am right now.

If you want to drool over their wood shop, check out the pictures in this forum:

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/23635-woodsmith-wood-magazine-studio-visits/

I have a crappy contractor saw at home for rough stuff. For fine work, my boss allows me use of the 70-year-old Delta Unisaw in the wood shop at work, as long as I bring my own blades. It has a dust collector and extension table with a nice rip fence.

Impressive!

I'd be afraid to get the place dirty!

Bill
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard