ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 519 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#221347 05/10/21 06:47 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Hi Guys,
Just a heads up if you are going to purchase software on-line....
Now, most places are pretty good, but in the last month or so I've struck a couple of companies where I've been
charged twice for the very same thing.

A little bit of background, if I may, I bought a netbook, last week or the week before, it was second-hand and I needed to find out if it was malware-free, I then bought MalwareBytes on-line, with a 1 year licence, that was OK, I got the notification from my bank at the time that the money had been paid, that was all good, or so I thought.

I also bought AVG with a 1 year licence and installed it, no worries.

I looked at my bank account yesterday morning and there were 2 payments to MalwareBytes and 3 to AVG, within a week of me doing these two purchases, totalling NZ$320, I have since asked for refunds in the nicest way possible.
AVG sent the money straight back and apologised, I'm still waiting to hear back from MalwareBytes.

These companies that are meant to keep your computers secure, can't even bill you correctly.
If I had not have said anything, does that go on their bottom line?
How many other people has this happened to?

A worrying trend with software like this is the "Yes, keep my software up to date and bill my account as you see fit"
Things like this are a mere check-box at the bottom of the agreement, often below the "Agree" icon.
Anyone else here ever struck this?

G
If you catch it right away your credit card company will usually help with things like this.

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard