ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Trumpy #221205 03/02/21 03:14 PM
I just got my appointment for the vax for Friday at 7:30AM !!

John
Pretty sure you'll do OK, I don't know anyone personally that has had negative effects.

On another note: I've decided 2021 will be the year I take care of overdue healh issues.

Just this week I went for a consultation on some shoulder issues which probably started 20 years ago. Turns out I've got some sizable (some BIG) bone spurs on my left shoulder which have significantly affected my range of motion over the years and in recent years often been painful and sent my arm into spasms.

My decision was to take the Cortisone shot in the Joint and try to improve things through stretching and exercise now that I'm getting my Covid shots and can feel more comfortable going back to the GYM. (if that doesn't help I'm looking at a shoulder replacement)

Next week I've got an appointment to hopefully schedule a long overdue Hernia repair (my 3rd).

Maybe we start a new thread on typical occupational health issues??

Bill
Trumpy #221208 03/02/21 09:08 PM
B
I go for my first shot Friday. Not quite old enough but qualify as an essential worker. Don't know which vaccine I am getting but they scheduled my 2nd shot 28 days later so I think that means Moderna.
Had to cancel our annual Mexico salt water fishing trip last year for the first time ever, hoping to go this year mid April. Been going over 13 years with my son & grandson with a group that started going there with their fathers in the seventies.

Trumpy #221209 03/03/21 01:38 PM
G
They are still trying to keep up here. I think the vaccines are based on the census population and we have a couple million snowbirds here from the northern US, Canada and Europe. They are pretty much all over 65, looking for a shot. They open up the appointment app for the pharmacies and it sells out in minutes. I am in the queue for the county shot but no joy yet.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy #221216 04/05/21 08:45 PM
B
Got both my shots, Pfizer. First shot I was a bit achy and tired for a day or so, expected the worst for second shot as I heard it really laid some people out but as it turns out it was nothing. Maybe slightly tired the next day but barely noticeable. 10 more days and I'll be considered fully vaccinated.

Trumpy #221217 04/05/21 10:11 PM
Got my 2nd Moderna about 10 days ago. No noticeable side affects except maybe some soreness in the arm and neck on the same side.

Bill
Trumpy #221218 04/06/21 01:09 PM
Delayed comments, I've been swamped at work and a few medical issues.

Vax was Pfiser, 2 shots 3 weeks apart for me and my wife. I just had soreness in the arm from both, and felt real tired after the second shot. Wife had a headache for 2 days after the second shot, and did the Tylanol trick.

All in all not bad, like some of the stories going around.

Just curious as to how long the vax will last.

John
Trumpy #221219 04/06/21 09:30 PM
G
I did one Pfizer and #2 is Sunday. The first shot gave me a buzz, sort of like drinking too much Nyquil and the stuffiness head cold thing that might have you doing that. It lasted several hours and my arm was tender for 2 days. Some of that arm thing might just be the person giving the shot. They seemed to be pretty aggressive with the plunger.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by Bill Addiss
Too bad, with many businesses closed it would be a good time for any planned construction & maintenance within them to take place.

Unfortunately Bill, it's a double-edged sword, yes you can get in there, no, they can't pay for your work, due to no income coming into the firm.

Last edited by Trumpy; 04/17/21 05:56 AM. Reason: Typo
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I did one Pfizer and #2 is Sunday. The first shot gave me a buzz, sort of like drinking too much Nyquil and the stuffiness head cold thing that might have you doing that. It lasted several hours and my arm was tender for 2 days. Some of that arm thing might just be the person giving the shot. They seemed to be pretty aggressive with the plunger.

That is quite strange, Greg, although I think you were best to get the Pfizer dose, there is so much going on with the other forms of this vaccine (namely AstraZeneca), that make people hesitant to be dosed with it, and that isn't good.
And it isn't because of racism or anything like it (more my own safety), but I would hate to think that something from China or Russia is going to help me at all, considering the ad-hoc nature that had occurred when their vaccines were released.
I believe the NZ Government has gone with Pfizer, but if you're a lowly tradesman like myself, you're at the bottom of the list and I "might" get a vaccine dose by mid 2022.
We are coming into Autumn (Fall) here, it's anyones guess how this Winter is going to go, because after the lock-down of last year, anyone who didn't have to go to work, stayed home.

Every year, the world over, colds and 'flu's get worse, that is a given, this whole Covid-19 thing, should have taught the most stupid of us to put your damn hand over your mouth when you cough or sneeze!!

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard