ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
It is what happens when "News" organizations make up the news instead of just reporting it. The other story out there is the craft distillers tricked into making hand sanitizer. Now they have thousands of gallons of it they can't sell. This reminds me a lot of Y2K. There was a real issue then too but nothing even close to the hype.

Greg Fretwell
Yes I remember all the "Y-2-K" compliant labels! One of my clients back then was a group that made a machine that was used to write 'master plates' for computer chips. They dealt in nano-meters, and all were a strange bunch of Engineer types. They spent a lot of $$$$ for Y2K.

I drew the line in the sand when they wanted all our tools to be Y2K 'safe'???

Heck, we put labels on the Makita battery screw guns!!

John
Originally Posted by gfretwell
It is what happens when "News" organizations make up the news instead of just reporting it. The other story out there is the craft distillers tricked into making hand sanitizer. Now they have thousands of gallons of it they can't sell. This reminds me a lot of Y2K. There was a real issue then too but nothing even close to the hype.

Totally agree, Greg,
The more hysteria the "news" companies can whip up, the higher the ratings, for them.
This in no way helps the people on the street, in fact it is counter-productive, when the Covid-19 thing first started
the "meeja" caused all the panic buying of stuff that people didn't even need.
I mean toilet paper, people had all this in their trolleys and no food, I'm not sure how that works. crazy
We've seen rioting and so forth in various places in the US, lately, if the media didn't fuel them fires, how bad would it have actually have been?
Sorry, I didn't want to make it a political thing, but every time, the media is there to up the ante, for their own purposes and theirs alone. mad

Hey Mike, Portland Oregon (for one) is on about the 100th day of unrest. Civil disobedience (Riot).

Yes, media has it on the 'news' everyday

John
G
The one thing we didn't have in Y2K that we have now is pervasive "social media", spewing all sorts of rumor and outright fabrication, either coming from stupid people or smartly crafted by someone wanting to manipulate stupid people.

And I am getting tired of Facebook yelling at me to sign up to vote EVERY time I log in...

R
Yes still there, life is busy and sometimes forget about posting in forums as there is so much else to do.

I admit spending sometimes too much time on Facebook and YouTube.

Heading into spring here in NZ and look forward to that.

Covid-19 is a pain as it had slowed down the economy world wide and I am tired of all the temporary restrictions.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
No doubt, without Politics we could all recover and move on a whole lot easier...! mad

Bill
Hello everyone! It has been a while! I'm still in the rat race, working in the SF Bay area for the last 4 years (essentially since the oilfields/oil prices took a nosedive) on everything from GoPro to Facebook to currently a 14 story big pharma cancer treatment research lab/facility in South San Francisco. While I do miss the constant variety that service work provided, I'm in a much more stable position now... (Just 240 miles from home though.)

Still haven't had the 'rona and can't wait for life to get back to normal...

Hope everyone is in good health and making it through!

M
Starting to get a little scary here in Manitoba Canada. We are at a 14% test rate for Covid-19 where I live in Winnipeg.

One of the smaller cities about 30 minutes east of me is at a 40% test rate and they are having protests from some of the church groups there about limiting the number of people at church services and having to wear face masks.

There was next to no in person Black Friday shopping here due to the health dept shopping shutdown rules.

G
We suddenly had a mass influx of northerners at the beach this weekend and I think we will see a lot of new infections. I am not much of a beach guy so I won't be part of that mess.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard