ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat Box
Recent Posts
Tinfoil-hat crowd is getting stupider...
by grich - 06/02/20 06:43 PM
2020 GFCI changes
by gfretwell - 06/02/20 12:01 PM
Pool Lights?
by gfretwell - 06/02/20 11:53 AM
Norwegian power?
by WaterIngress - 05/27/20 11:43 AM
Tips on how to read 2018 CE Code Book?
by Rob2019 - 05/23/20 10:02 AM
New in the Gallery:
Facebook follies, bad wiring
FPE in Germany pt.2
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 75 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mourning the death of this forum! [Re: JoeTestingEngr] #220651 04/06/20 06:15 PM
B
BigB Online Content
I have noticed this on many forums. I think a lot of it is older people maybe retiring etc and the younger people are more into Facebook and other social media. There are some genealogy sites that have become almost completely inactive, with most members now on the FB page. My welding forum has been dying a slow death and issues with the site haven't helped. I belong to a slew of diesel forums and have watched all of them gradually die down to a trickle except for FTE and the Mercedes diesel forum, perhaps because most diesel Mercedes are owned by older people who still use the old fashioned desktop computer for their social media platform. The Powerstroke forums I can't explain why all are down except FTE which is very active, other than to surmise that most left the other forums for FTE.

Tools for Electricians:
Re: Mourning the death of this forum! [Re: BigB] #220668 04/08/20 11:41 PM
Trumpy Offline
BigB,
I have to agree with you, I think Facebook, Twitter and the like, sort of turned people away from forums (especially the young'uns, with their need for instant results).

I was a Co-Admin over at a reasonably busy Ham Radio forum for 8 maybe 9 years, when the site owner announced that he was closing the place down about 9 months ago, because there wasn't enough "foot traffic" to keep the site going, which I totally understand, as much as I was saddened by the fact that it wouldn't exist any more.

This place has been so great over the years, for a guy down at the bottom of the world to meet other Electricians and find out how they do things, I mean, it doesn't get any better than that and everyone has been so helpful, if I've needed help with something.

May this continue. cheers

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Featured:

2020 National Electrical Code
2020 National Electrical
Code (NEC)

2017 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2017 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman

Member Spotlight
CharlieE