ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 270 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
I have noticed this on many forums. I think a lot of it is older people maybe retiring etc and the younger people are more into Facebook and other social media. There are some genealogy sites that have become almost completely inactive, with most members now on the FB page. My welding forum has been dying a slow death and issues with the site haven't helped. I belong to a slew of diesel forums and have watched all of them gradually die down to a trickle except for FTE and the Mercedes diesel forum, perhaps because most diesel Mercedes are owned by older people who still use the old fashioned desktop computer for their social media platform. The Powerstroke forums I can't explain why all are down except FTE which is very active, other than to surmise that most left the other forums for FTE.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

BigB,
I have to agree with you, I think Facebook, Twitter and the like, sort of turned people away from forums (especially the young'uns, with their need for instant results).

I was a Co-Admin over at a reasonably busy Ham Radio forum for 8 maybe 9 years, when the site owner announced that he was closing the place down about 9 months ago, because there wasn't enough "foot traffic" to keep the site going, which I totally understand, as much as I was saddened by the fact that it wouldn't exist any more.

This place has been so great over the years, for a guy down at the bottom of the world to meet other Electricians and find out how they do things, I mean, it doesn't get any better than that and everyone has been so helpful, if I've needed help with something.

May this continue. cheers

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard