ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#220562 03/25/20 08:21 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
There's a lot of Members we haven't heard from in awhile. Hopefully everyone is Healthy and doing well.

If you're reading this please leave a comment here, let us know you're still around and how you're doing.

If you're new and haven't posted yet, say hello - tell us a little about yourself, what your interests are... whatever

Bill

OK,
I'm still here and healthy.
Working alternate days for my two jobs as required.
We are doing emergency inspections, and whatever jobs that relate to unoccupied structures.
Doing the best we can under the situation.

John
FYI, it looks like NZ has gone into full lockdown based on a Reuters report from yesterday. The PM felt a full lockdown will slow/stop the spread.

Mike, if you see this be safe.

John
T
I'm under partial lockdown and doing boring office jobs at home. It's been two weeks now and I can't stand it! I do have the next two weeks off, which is decidedly an improvement over editing, formatting and translating instruction booklets for basic 3D modelling and 2D vector drawing for laser engraving.

J
I'm doing fine here in Chicago. I do all of my drawings in General CADD Pro.(Modern version of Generic CADD) Since anyone can download it, I just had to bring the USB dongle home to be able to save drawings on my computers. I've been drawing schematics and laying out PCBs for projects that have been running on the back burner. I consider myself mightily blessed to be able to work from home!

As for ECN, I really miss all of active discussions we used to have in the technical areas!
Joe

Hey John,
Yes, we did get put into a full lock-down the other day over here.
I have been out to do the odd "urgent" job or 3 since then.

It's quite strange, having never experienced something like this before, in that you have to tell your customer that there is to be no-one in the immediate area where you are working, while you're on site.

Pretty much EVERYTHING is closed here apart from supermarkets, service-stations make you pay through the little window when you get fuel, that's all you can really do here.
All fast-food outlets and the like are closed, if you need milk or whatever from the corner shop, they have a policy of only one person in the shop at any one time.

Kiwi's are funny folks, in that they don't like being told what to do and you see the odd car go past and you wonder where they're going, because we were all told to stay at home unless it is to get food from the supermarket or get fuel.

It's only been 4-5 days into the 4 weeks, I can't see some people lasting here.
I'm quite lucky in that, I have a chest freezer full of food, my garden provided a decent yield of veges last summer and I have enough meat to keep me going for a couple of months if need be.

I hope that everyone reading this is coping well with the restrictions imposed on them,
just remember, this disease will only be got on top of, if everyone follows the rules.

T
In Austria, everyone was hoping for the restrictions to be eased off after Easter but it's not looking good right now, even though the figures look very promising to me - today the increase rate of infections went below 10% for the first time since the outbreak! The progression is essentially linear instead of exponential as they'd initially feared. The government on the other hand keeps talking about implementing even stricter measures, without actually naming them. Everything's closed except for essential production, supermarkets and small grocery stores, drug stores, pharmacies, car and bicycle repair stores and tobacconists. Public transport has been cut down to weekend timetables and people are advised to avoid it. The city of Vienna is sending out 50 Euro taxi vouchers to all senior citizens, little sense as that makes. As of Wednesday, masks will be required in supermarkets, we'll see if they can actually find enough to enforce that.

Oddly enough, construction sites haven't been shut down yet, on the contrary. One of the largest contractors closed all their sites but re-opened them late last week.

OK, an update from the Garden State (NJ, USA)

In a few days, we will be able to have indoor dining again, however at 25% capacity of the business. I still feel sorry for the owners of the businesses, and the employees who have basically been out since mid-March. Yes, we have 'outdoor' dining, with the 6' social distance, but they are still hurting.

Gyms and health club type places were allowed to re-open today, again with limited capacity and distancing, and masks are still mandatory.

For the most part, all businesses are now 'open' with a lot lo restrictions by Executive Orders from our Governor.

State offices are still 'remote' for the most part, and the facilities that are 'open' are packed with people. Unemployment Offices, Motor Vehicle, etc are packed.

Other then that 'Welcome to the new "Semi-Normal"

John
G
The surprising one to me is how many people in the health care industry are going broke. One of my old IBM buddies has been selling medical equipment for the last 20 years since IBM laid him off and he says the whole industry is depressed. He also said that "Ventilator" thing was over hyped. Do you want one? He has a warehouse full.

Greg Fretwell
We should have invested in plexiglass, and clear shower curtains!! Also, the builders are complaining about material costs going thru the roof. 2x4 pre-cuts from <$2 to >$6 each. Plus a lot of shortages.

We had a rumor of a warehouse full of ventilators back in mid April, stored with no place to go.

John
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard