ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
There used to be so many interesting discussions here. What happened? Any theories? Any applications?
Joe

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Joe:

Yes it is quiet here. It could be a seasonal thing like in the past, but I’m not sure.

John
Administrator
Originally Posted by JoeTestingEngr
There used to be so many interesting discussions here. What happened? Any theories? Any applications?
Joe
Joe,

Good question. I'd like to hear some answers too.

Maybe we went through all the usual questions like "Receptacles should go up or down?"

Greener Pastures? Some other places may be more free-wheeling? Less restrictive? I don't know,

When we were forced to update to the current software format I know some people didn't like the change and in my opinion didn't give it a chance.

I don't think having the online chat room software helped either because it seemed to replace some forum participation.

It is sad though. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bill

S
None, I still check in.

Shane

G
I still check in too. I also check in at the more free-wheeling site, but some of the trolls over there seem eager to swing the bats at the less-worthy. MH is still pretty civil, as is this site. I appreciate that.

THe civility level here is outstanding IMHO.

Suggestions? If I had any it would have been here already. I try to jump in regularly, but had some IT issues at work for a while before this Covid mess.

The only theory I can throw out could be related to the ‘shortage’ of people getting into this trade, as it has been around here. Maybe?? Maybe not??

I realize most or all of us are busy, work wise and personal time, and there is a lot of ‘competition’ for our time. Now, add in this situation we are facing, some of us are in oak down, and may have time on our hands.

John
Administrator
Not sure if Joe meant the Forum in General or this particular area.

Perhaps we should move this thread to the General area where it might get more comments?

What do you think?

J
I did specifically mean this forum because we were fast approaching 1-1/2 years without a new post. Some of those were just bumps.
I've gotten to like many of the folks who used to post on here frequently, without meeting any of you in person. I suspect that many of us aren't exactly spring chickens. It would be great to hear from you all, just to know that you're still with us and, hopefully doing OK.
I don't think that moving this forum will help because it has always been easy to find.
Joe

Bill
A relocate to General will get my vote

John
Joe:

Yes, I think we are the “experienced” guys that have been around the block a few laps.

I prefer “experienced” as opposed to not spring chicken, but that’s no issue. Yes I have once or twice dropped in on MH in the last year+

I guess those of us who are still around need to start talking about something

John
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard