ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (ampherder, Scott35), 259 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Delta Electronics Recalls Solar Inverters Due to Fire and Impact Hazards:

Recall Date: February 7, 2019
Recall Number: 19-061

Recall Summary

Name of Product:
Eltek solar inverters

Hazard:

The capacitors can fail and allow heat to build up and the cover can eject with force from the unit, posing fire and impact hazards.

Remedy: Replace

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled inverters, turn off the switch on the inverter’s front cover, switch off the circuit breaker for the inverter and contact Delta Electronics USA to arrange for a free replacement inverter. Delta Electronics will remove the recalled inverter and install a replacement.

Consumer Contact:

Delta Electronics toll-free at 888-770-7142 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or online at www.eltek.com
and click on “Product Recall” for more information

Pictures available here: https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2019/D...Inverters-Due-to-Fire-and-Impact-Hazards

Recall Details

Units:
About 2,600

Description:

This recall involves the Eltek THEIA HE-t string inverters that convert DC power from residential solar panels to AC power supplied to the electrical grid system. The recalled inverters measure about 28 inches high by 14 inches wide by 6.5 inches deep. They were sold in four different kilowatt ratings: 2.0 kW, 2.9 kW, 3.8, kW, and 4.4 kW. “Eltek,” and the model designation “THEIA” and “HE-t” are printed on the front display panel of the inverter. The inverters could be installed in different places in consumers’ homes.

Incidents/Injuries:

Delta Electronics has received 11 reports of the capacitors failing and allowing heat buildup, including two reports of the cover forcibly ejecting off the inverter units. No injuries have been reported.

Sold At:
Through various solar installers in Arizona, New York, Tennessee and Washington from March 2012 through May 2017 for between $2,000 and $4,000.

Importer(s):
Delta Electronics USA Inc., of Plano, Texas

Manufactured In:
China

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Gee it's funny that this posting says 'made in China' and the pic of the mfg label states...' Made in USA'

Interesting??

I just noticed that thru the link.

John
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Gee it's funny that this posting says 'made in China' and the pic of the mfg label states...' Made in USA'

Interesting??

Strange, I didn't notice that...

dunno

Bill

E
Haven't posted in a while....

At my company we are very careful with our "Made in" claims. When in doubt, I push an "Assembled in" label. If your product has a circuit board full of electronic parts, it's nearly impossible to make a credible "Made in USA" claim. Reaching the "all or virtually all" threshold on content is going to be difficult, and even then you have to watch your sourcing on an ongoing basis.

(I make no claims concerning this manufacturer's claim...)

Link Copied to Clipboard