ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
dsk Offline
Hi
I'm working as a teacher on a high-school i n Oslo, Norway
Background as an engineer, I have designed different equipment for sorting of goods, and bridge building.
One of the best documented machines was the compactor used on this bridge:
https://www.baybridgeinfo.org/sites...oad/cable_compaction_nearly_complete.mp4
about 6 minutes in the film you will see the machine. I have designed all the electric systems here. I had to learn a lot about US electric systems.
It makes me a little proud about being given this job here in Norway.

I did go back to the teacher-job when the market was unstable, and has been a teacher since that. I rather go for a safe income.

If someone want me to do a job like that again, I would do that if I still could feel safe for my future income.

dsk

Last edited by dsk; 08/13/18 05:29 AM.
Interesting video.

John
Impressive!

Bill

Bill
C
I'm an old member, but back with a NEW ID because I lost access to my original ID's default email (who ever thought excite would shut down lol)

At the time I was active here before I wasn't actively in the electrical trade, but now am working with an electrical contractor in the UK and fully up to date with the 18th edition exam under my belt and so on. I am sad to see PaulUK has gone from here, loved his attitude, good to see you here still Trumpy! I often wonder if you know Ray (rodalco)

chipmunk:

Welcome back to ECN, from the western side of the pond.

John
Trumpy Offline OP
Hello there Chipmunk,
I've just sent you a private message. smile

Yes it is a shame that Paul never found his way back here, I do know he struggled to find work in his area after Part P (?) came in over your way, we used to trade emails back and forward after he left here, but we lost contact with one another some years ago.

Chipmunk, yes I do know Ray and he is actually a member here under the RODALCO username, he doesn't post here much these days, but he does have a lot of interesting electrical videos on his YouTube channel.

Have a good one,
Mike T.

R
Hi Mike, just happened to look on the ECN forum today, and noticed your latest post here.

I was trying to find an old post re unusual Voltages used in Italy in the early days of electricity production, can't remember if I posted that here, but an unusual Voltage of 160/275 Volts was also used in remote areas instead of the normal 127/220/380 Volts.

My apologies for being slack lately. Just too busy with work, family and fiddling with my new 25 kVA Lister diesel generator I bought ex Telecom Wellington late last year.

I am busy with YouTube video's on and off

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard