ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
My company uses this dimmable LED ceiling light and haven't seen seen any problems with it:

https://www.aqlightinggroup.com/ind...t-panel-ceiling-troffer-luminaire-flp22/

S
You fellas gotta check this out>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYTnJaUyuE

~S~

G
What are electricians going to do when they make stuff like this that the cleaning lady can install wink

Greg Fretwell
Maybe we can do cleaning in our spare time?

Seriously, magnetic driver mounting, and a choice of a magnetic mount for the ‘bulb’?

John
S
It's always something new Hotone......dunno 'bout you but my first thought was that it doesn't really have an EGC or any means to screw into that which might be grounded.

Is a magnet an EGC now?

~S~

G
We'll do what we always do.
Charge idiots to fix the jobs that the idiots screw up.
I run into people everyday who firmly believe the little voice in their head when it says "I don't understand what you do...so it must be super easy".

Those DIY books that the big box stores sell to the untrained (and sometime untrainable) are gold mines for many of us.

Ghost307
Ghost

Yes, we do generate $$$ from a lot of DIY jobs (or ‘handyman’) projects gone bad.

I remember a service call, light on stairway ‘out’. Found the husband took out a switch at the lower staircase, put a ‘new’ one in, then proceeded to take the fixture, and the ‘other’ switch out. Was a 3-way; he put a sp in. He also opened up all the splices in the fixture location.

A few trips up/down the stairs, two new 3-way sw, and a few wirenuts; done. He was not happy, and wife was pretty mad. He was not thrilled at the bill either. His comment was. “How did you do that in 30+/- minutes”???

John
S
Unfortunate the whole market advocates what usually is the better part of our trades service industry biz .

If you think on it , the big box stores, Utube, all the home improvement shows, and even some HI's here all advocate a DIY mentality

In my state there's actually more of a market for failed apprentices to work for maintenance or home improvement companies, than a bona fide license.

So much so,that our state AG sent out questionnaires to any licensed entity asking how to address it>>>
Home Improvement and Construction Contractors

I guess they've had the uhmmm.....litigant radish!

~S~

Last edited by sparky; 12/17/17 04:56 PM. Reason: add link
~S~

Hey, it looks like Vermont is in need of a Home Improvement Lic. , like we have here in NJ. It looks like it’s a week to late to submit ant comments also.

NJ implemented the HI Lic back at least 5 years as a guess. IMHO, it reduced some of the trunk slammers, but needs some policing.

Our latest was a HVAC contractors Lic.

The above are all under the DCA and the NJ UCC

John
S
Well i do believe they're asking what other states do HotOne, it's a good thing and far overdue imho.

We basically serve a career in a dualopoly here. There is permitted and unpermitted work.

The 'unpermitted' being all our single family dwellings, absolutely zero requirements , I won't bore you with horror stories , save that they apparently have gotten out of hand according to the 'powers that be'

Perhaps we're a good study for what libertopians and libertopia can amount to

I think i'll send my AHJ a big holiday thank you now.....

~S~

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard