ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 92 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Bit of a rhetorical question. More like electrical irony.

I'm reading UL 508A and something strut me funny. 29.3.4 states that a connection to a terminal can be done with crimped on pressure terminal connector.

Is it odd that UL 508A, a safety manual that says go ahead use electrical parts they don't even list or recognize?

Last edited by sparkyinak; 05/21/17 08:58 PM.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
J
Not sure what you mean. Pressure lugs are UL listed; UL486A and B.

JRaef
S
These terminals Eyelet terminals. It also allows forks as long they have the turn up end. Yet none of them are UL listed, according to ul.com

J
Originally Posted by sparkyinak
These terminals Eyelet terminals. It also allows forks as long they have the turn up end. Yet none of them are UL listed, according to ul.com

Your link goes to a website that is infected with a virus that my IT security stopped, so hopefully (if you are legit), you have not compromised your PC. It looks as though you may have THOUGHT you were going to Ideal Industries, but instead, your link goes to a virus site.

It's the same UL standards, 486A and B mostly, that covers even the little ring tongue terminals. Panduit and T&B are both UL listed under those standards. All of the Ideal brand crimp on ring tongues I looked at are UL listed as well... So I don't know where some hacker sent you, but it wasn't legit.

JRaef
S
My apologies on the link but yes, it was from their website. I was researching the "Ideal" type spades and ringlets on UL's website. It stated that that those crimp on terminals are not UL listed. They have since changed their website where you can search for things they can charge you for. I may have it at home. I'll look later

S
Never mind, I may have read the passage wrong......

blush

Link Copied to Clipboard