ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 81 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
S
Duly noted, understood, and thx HotOne

I'm particularly fond of your last line, because w/o any of you, there's less if not none of us>>>>

My thing; we all worked hard to obtain our licenses, and I look out for 'us', as best I can within the regs.

~S~

~s~
Thank you for the compliment!! A lot of guys here agree with you.

John
Anybody have any additional comments??

John
N
Originally Posted by sparky
As usual, i'm in a pickle yet again......We roughed a small main street commercial store front a while back , had a rough inspection, addressed the small requests per AHJ, and never got called back for the trim out

Passing thru, we stopped in to find a thriving deli/cafe' yesterday

I took pix, and emailed the AHJ , asking if another permit was pulled for the finish, and if not ,how it assumed occupancy?

I've no response from him so far......what should i do? I don't wish to be liable for anyone else's work

~S~

There was post on a forum (not ECN) where the EC added some jumpers during the rough known only to him that caused "issues" if someone else did the trim or did not pay. laugh They would have to pay up in order to have the EC fix the problem, not sure that is a great idea, but if someone had been burned in the past like the mason who built a fireplace for a customer & made a agreement that they would not use it until they did pay, later gets a call that the FP is smoking & reminds them of the deal, gets his money & comes over with a bag of rocks attached to a rope to drop down & shatter a piece of glass in the chimney.

S
I've a few jobs that never seem to end. In particular, a K&T era large farmhouse cut up into 12 units, 9 professional offices and 3 resi apt's

I've a file of permits as thick as a phone book on this property alone.

So one of the newer AHJ's who came along recently produced what he calls a 'blanket permit' , which is simply a regular permit with an explanatory attachment inclusive of dates and work details.

It's a great instrument, especially considering i usually can't recall what was for lunch an hour after i ate it

~S~

~s~:
Sounds like that was one heck of a 'farmhouse'!!

Structures like that can generate a lot of paper here also; either by 'updates' to the base permit, or a separate permit for each tenant space. There are many 'variables' as to which path the paper takes.

The 'variables' include, Zoning, type of structure, ownership, rentals, condos, etc, and perhaps the 'mood' of the office staff.

The closest thing that I have available is a 'Annual Permit' allowed by the UCC. However, I must say that I have not used one, not seen one, or have anyone request one. The format, and paperwork involved, record keeping, etc.,for both the facility and the AHJ is involved. (This is comm/industrial facility only)

John
S
Well it gets even better HotOne, the state of Vermont (in it's infinite wisdom) shuffles the AHJ deck to have my normal AHJ assume a new area , and foist all this on the new guy

A green AHJ at that, good guy and all....,but i'm moved to offer him a flak jacket and flea collar to inspect 1/2 of the jobs i've open permits on

~S~

~s~

I have to draw the line on the flea collar!!

John
S
Lol, the state has a term, 'hostile entity' , you know these sorts that won't let them in , usually because they've something to hide.....which results in more open permit limbo....

i guess i really should rethink this 'slum sparky' gig

smile ~S~

~s~

I never took you for a 'slum sparky'.

I like the 'hostile entity' thing. I had a guy today say I was 'confrontational' when I walked into his mess.

Stay safe

John
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard