ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
David1 Offline OP
Greetings Ya'll,

This is my first post to the group, & I've probably started out doing my search for data wrong, cuz' no matter what I type in the Search Bar, it keeps giving me the basically the same 4 pages of topics that are not specific to what I'm looking for.

I've got a Customer that wants to "Temporarily" set up a RV Trailer, till next Spring, on the site where a Mobile home was set up. Their is a metered 200 Amp Outdoor Disconnect already installed from 2006 with spaces & feed through lugs.

The Trailer power requirement is 30 Amp/ 120 Volt, & I want to add a 20A. GFI, so I'm looking at possibly a Connecticut 30A RV PANEL W/ 20A GFCI, or something similiar From C.H./Eaton.

This panel will be posted within approx. ten foot of the RV, & be approx. twenty foot from the Disconnect.

I'm thinking that I should run 8-3 UF to "said" panel.

It's been at least two years since I've installed any power source for a Mobile Home, let alone a RV hookup, & I want to dot my "i-s" & cross my "T-s" before I quote anything to this Customer.

Am I just typing in the wrong search words to find data on an installation like this? I used "NEMA 5-20R2 GFCI" & came up empty.

With all Respect,
David DeBord

When you Stand for The Truth, Sometimes you Stand Alone.
G
You can run a regular 5-20 GFCI out there on 12ga UF and use the 30a-20a adapter that most RV guys carry or you could run a 10ga circuit on a single pole 30a breaker and use the 120v 30a receptacle Most RVs will run enough on 20a to make them usable.

Greg Fretwell
D
David1 Offline OP
My Apologies gfretwell,

I never received a "notification" of your having replied to my post.

So, almost a year late, but, Thank You Sir, for replying.

By the way,... That "job", never went through.

The "Customer" after receiving the estimate for that RV Service, , as well as Upgrading his House Service to 200 Amp, as well as installing a 100 Amp sub-panel in his horse barn with "Lights & Outlets", as well as installing in his house a New Condensing Gas Furnace / Heat pump, & well as Duct work in his house, ...... wanted all of it for less than $3000.00, WTH?!?

Needless to say, ... I quickly walked away from that one, & as I have passed by his home since then, ... He hasn't had anything done there.But Again, Thank You Sir!

Last edited by David1; 09/14/17 01:56 PM. Reason: I couldn't spell "passed" the first time. LOL!

When you Stand for The Truth, Sometimes you Stand Alone.

Link Copied to Clipboard