ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Interesting service call. Customer recently had two OLCP LED fixtures installed to replace older door lights. I have not looked into this yet. As it started to get dark, the light comes on, however reflective light from the awning cuts the light out until it gets darker and all is good.

By design of the fixture where the wiring is all in the bottom of the light not, center or top. The photo eye sits higher on the wall since the photo eye is on top. I've seen the guts of when where it appears that the photo eye is integral to the LED module so I'm not sure if it is even adjustable.

Unlike most photo eyes, this one is really responsive as in like 1 or 2 seconds. The only way I can really test it is be there at twilight and being in Alaska, that like 9 or 10 at night. It will be "fun" to say the least to chase after.

I'm going try to some how "shield" the eye internally however thy may just cause the cycling to start ever earlier. I have only limited time to address the issue. Any one ran into this and found a fix?

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
G
If the photo sensor and the light source are combined, AND there is no sensitivity adjustment, AND the reflectivity causes cycling, then the fitting simply isn't suited to the location.
You have two options, short of replacement. Partially masking or shielding the sensor, or bypassing it and locating a photo-switch elsewhere.

Last edited by geoff in UK; 07/29/16 05:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard