ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
mbhydro Offline OP
I have a friend who's son was involved in a motor cross accident and had a brain injury as a result.

He was a 2nd yr apprentice and has recovered enough for the DMV medical review panel to give him his drivers license back and go back to community collage to attempt the next level.

What his dad was asking me for was requested by the Physiotherapist. Are there any web sites that actually describe what an electrician requires for working conditions?

They want to do an evaluation on the son as perspective contractors for his next level are worried that he might fall or trip etc as his speech is slurred and gives the impression he is a little "off" and don't want him on site.

Most job descriptions seem to have cut and pasted this:

The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting,carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing.

What they are looking for is more on the way of carries xx lb ladders, or xx lbs of wire or conduct.

If anybody could point me towards something more detailed I would appreciate it.

Clifford

G
I think you almost need to use the OSHA standards for weights you might need to carry. Some large equipment can get pretty heavy. The job varies a lot between what a residential guy does compared to big commercial and maintenance that it is hard to make a hard and fast rule.
He would be protected in the states somewhat by ADA (they have to make "reasonable accommodations") but I am not sure how that works up in the Great White North.

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard