ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#212475 01/10/14 02:53 AM
T
Tesla Offline OP
The national government of Spain pushed alternate energy in a major way.

cry

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/06/w...ns-pocketbooks.html?ref=science&_r=0

Read it ^^^ and weep.

"...the original law specifically guaranteed a fee of 58 cents for each kilowatt-hour for the next 25 years and guaranteed 80 percent of that for the years thereafter."

This is exactly where California is at. It's pushing deals that are insanely uneconomic -- with benefits that favor the few while displacing the expenses onto all of society -- by indirection.

The costs are still there, and eventually blow up the economy -- because the scale is so great.

Until that moment comes, all of the interested parties decieve themselves and everyone else. All and every are told that it's a winner.

Winners don't need such staggering subsidies.

====

Carried on long enough, far enough, it puts people off on the whole idea of using electric power... which hits pretty close to home, where I sit.

In my neck of the woods, the vast bulk of my trade is dedicated to downsizing the load side of the grid. If we didn't have LED retro-fit work, we'd all be starving.

Indirectly, our trade is being taxed out of business.

All of this effort isn't going to get India or Red China to burn even one less pound of coal... as if that makes any difference, anyway.

If truck drivers can protest road taxes, it's high time that electricians protest sumptuary taxes on electric power. mad

Last edited by electure; 01/10/14 01:56 PM. Reason: remove politically charged comments

Tesla
Tesla #214093 10/02/14 07:16 PM
S
Its a right decision alternate energy solution must be adopt to control electricity prices.

Link Copied to Clipboard