ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
I got my tone/tracer today but my wife took it. She has a big patch panel in her office with about 50 unidentified cables so I bet it gets a good test Monday.

Greg Fretwell
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
John

If there is something you're missing that I can help you with let me know. I might have access to the product or literature you might need.

In my 22 years with Ideal we always believed in working with the next generation of people coming into the trade. Electricians are creatures of habit and getting our products in their hands early in their careers really helps.

As I said let me know if I can be of some help you can always send me an email at Ron.Kipper@IdealIndustries.com.

Take care

Ron Kipper RCDD / NTS
IDEAL Industries Inc
Ron Kipper Datacomm on YouTube
Broom Pusher and
Ron,

I would also like to Thank You for posting the descriptive points per IEC Category Ratings.

As John (Hotline1) has mentioned, the Ideal Tools and Testers from "Back In The Days Of Field Work", are still around - and sometimes even used!!!

(2) types of Solenoid Voltage Testers: One of the first released "Vol-Con" Solenoid types with Continuity Testing (illuminates the two DC Polarity Lamps when leads connect to a Closed Circuit), along with the "Old reliable, been around for ever" Circa 1982 Standard type Solenoid Voltage Tester - like the Square D "Wiggy", but made by Ideal.
(BTW, still have a Square D Wiggy in my Trade Cache).

Other items include Ideal Fishtapes, Lineman's' Pliers, Crimping Pliers, and several still-usable T-5 Strippers.

Tools & Testers/Meters were used extensively from 1982, through 2006; at which point my Career Field Days ceased, and Life became "100% In The Office Engineer".
Prior to 2007, Work base was "50% In The Field / 50% In The Office".

Although most of the time I can be found attached to the Keyboard & Mouse, there are Site Surveys, and of course, Progress Meetings; which get me back in the field for a few hours.
Meters and Testers are in Full use, especially where a Survey of Conditions is performed (Verify System levels).

--Scott (EE)

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Scott

Good to hear from you and that you don't have to sit in either a really hot or really cold trailer on some jobsite.

Those old solenoid testers will probably work for years although most don't carry a Cat rating today.

Thanks for using our products I have so many older versions of something we still make too.

Hey if you are in need of a new tester and I can help you out let me know I may have one.

Thanks for commenting

Ron Kipper RCDD / NTS
IDEAL Industries Inc
Ron Kipper Datacomm on YouTube
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard