ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Its interesting to find out what the all the utilities do for large events like this. Do they put bodies onsite for immediate response, have people staged at the nearest company facility or just treat these events like any other customer and tell them to call 1-888-get-help if there is an outage?

There could almost be a little village with hydro, natural gas, telco/cell providers, city sewer and water, backup generator techs etc if everybody wants to have a few crews on site.

M
I wonder if this will end up in court with allegations of the utility or the Superdome being sold protective equipment that was not suitable for the application?

I Hope to read about what exactly happened in some trade magazine sometime, the stuff we get from the general media will never answer the questions I want to know.

Nobody got Hurt, Everyone at the stadium made extra money probably, and it made it "memorable"

I Remember thinking to myself that I'm glad I'm not the guy who is going to get his butt ate out in the morning. It Would have been interesting to hear the maintenace radio chatter while the lights were restriking.

It's Not The Fall That Kills You...
It's That Sudden Stop At The End
M
Got talking last night with some EE friends about how nothing had ever come out in the national media of the problem report from the '13 Super Bowl and found this report this morning.

http://entergy-neworleans.com/content/superbowl/130202_Report.pdf

With some luck the NY utility will not have any problems with the 2014 event.

To set the record straight, it is NOT the NY utility (ConEd) that has anything to do with the Super Bowl, or Met Life Stadium.

Electric is provided by PSE&G, and the stadium is in NEW JERSEY, not New York.

18+ months of prep for the event, and a secondary feeder are in place.

John
G
Manning is thinking turning the lights out might help his team.

Greg Fretwell
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard