ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 80 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#207445 10/30/12 04:30 AM
S
While we think of our family and friends during this storm, lets not forget our fellow sparktarians and their families on the east coast too. It appears that New Jersey is getting the blunt of it however this super storm as they been calling it is churning up Lake Michigan which is hundreds of miles away.

Once the storm passes, there's the clean up and the rebuild which is also dangerous. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers. If you here from any of them, sound off

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
From the Jersey Shore area:
My wife and i had to evacuate before the storm,living on the mainland side of Barnegat bay & on a lagoon.

We are staying with friends 'inland' in Toms River & are safe.

As to our home, I may be able to get back Wed IF the road is passable. We had reported house fires, numerous homes floating off of foundations,trees,power lines, etc down. Transformers exploding, substations under water & who knows what.

Thanks to all for the concerns hope all others are OK. I'll be back astime permits.

John
G
Seeing some horrendous pictures here. Hope everyone is safe.

Administrator
Central Long Island here...

Power, yes, Telephone, Cable & Internet, no....

Long lines outside 7-11s to get a Cup of coffee here... many in the area have no power. Many trees down on powerlines, houses and blocking neighborhood roads.

No complaints from me, it could be much worse.

Bill

General situation is extensive damage and floodwaters are still preventing access. As far as Iknow, my home is still standing. but may be flooded. Good thing is my wife, family & I are safe, as are most of my friends.

No complaints from me. Be back as time allows.

John
A
we are thinking of you on the east coast ive seen the pictures on TV cant imagine anything like that it must be truly awfull keep safe annemarie

Update: 3'+ thru garage/laundry; crawl space full; probably 1/2"in living areas. Hopefully the HW floors survive?

I'm a very thankful soul, after a quick tour of my neighborhood. The damages and outright destruction is not east to describe, and the TV or pics don't show it all!

Thank you to all, I'm a lucky one! Should have electric back by Nov.6 or sooner per First Energy

John
Just posted to of todays pics in

John
G
Looks pretty gnarly. It took 3 feet of water or more to carry that boat across the road. That was on the mainland side? These hurricanes are pretty nasty business. I am glad you seemed to make out fairly well. I hope you can save that floor.

Greg Fretwell
has anyone heard from Les? (LK) ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard