ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
HVP Offline OP
Hello, I own a wire processing plant in Allentown, PA. For the last two years we only bought from scrap yards, wire manufacturers and utility companies. We are opening our doors to contractors and I am having a hard time determining when to be open.

I would be grateful for any feedback you guys could give me as to what hours you feel would be good for us to be open for you. For example, would you all prefer mornings, later in the evening? What about Saturday hours?

Thank you for any help you all can give me.

CASH payouts for scrap wire
www.highvoltagepro.com
484-226-9323
Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
G
I would suggest being open when the ECs are able to drop off their scrap wire at the end of the day.
Late afternoon or evening would be good for weekdays. Most of the guys I kow who work Saturdays are in a rush to get back home so I don't know if being open Saturdays would be worthwhile.
Just my 2 cents worth...

Ghost307
S
How about start calling the local contractors and getting their input?

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
G
It has not been brought up but how good are your procedures to avoid stolen property?
That is a sore point with a lot of sparkies and if you have a good screening process it will help your reputation.

I understand it is really only a few bad apples that can give legitimate recyclers a bad name.

Greg Fretwell
Unless you expect a lot of travelers heading toward Allentown, your best bet may be the local guys as sparkyak said.

Try to contact the local area (Allentown/Beth) Contractors associations, and drop an email to the local inspectors associations.

John
HVP Offline OP
Thank you all for the feedback.

As for stolen property, to be honest, we have given it a little thought. We take drivers license info off every customer and have that info. We also work closely with local police. Our problem is we are just not sure what else to do. Up until now we never opened to the general public and so I really didn't have to worry much about it.

Thank you all again for the help with this.

CASH payouts for scrap wire
www.highvoltagepro.com
484-226-9323
G
If you are going to remain a company that only deals with known suppliers that may not be a big problem.

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard