ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#202805 08/28/11 04:46 PM
Attention: Greg:

I have an original CD of this online WESCO WESCalc Code Calculator and it works fine when installed from the CD. I want to send it to Greg so he can see if it would be useful for the members here. If you want me to send it send me your address.

Nov. 28, 2001

WESCO releases WESCalc literature and CD-ROM

WESCO Distribution, Pittsburgh, recently released a two-page flier and mini CD-ROM on its online code calculator, WESCalc. The literature explains how WESCalc enables users to find National Electric Code information on a Palm OS device or PC. It also outlines how you can get reference information on the following areas: conductors, motors, transformers, metal boxes, a hole saw table, minimum depth of clear workspace, and an English-to-metric conversion table.

Let me know, Thanks, Joe

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
G
I will take it for a spin

20881 Pinetree Ln
Estero Fl 33928

I can put an ISO on my web site if you like and then anyone who wants it can jut burn a disk.
... assuming we wont have any copyright problems.

I already got a nastygram from Mike Holt wink

Greg Fretwell
Greg:

Thanks, I will send it to you today. They sent me their entire inventory of them years ago, and when I cleaned out my storage I found a few, so I believe there will be no problems, besides the product includes their name. I checked their site and found nothing similar.

Joe thumbs

Nastygram? dunno Sounds really serious! yay

G
I had one of his tables on my web site, properly credited but he still sent me a cease and desist.
(If I had not credited him Google would have never found it)
We emailed back and forth and I ended up just linking the same table on his site. That was OK.
Since then, I took it down.

Greg Fretwell
I see where many use his material found on his site for free!

rolleyes

Here's an interesting link for calculators: clap Electrician Calculators

Broom Pusher and
Nastygram (pronounced "Nah-Stee-Gramm")
N.
Letter sent to an individual or organization in professional "business-angry" style, expressing displeasure about actions taken, or lack thereof.

Example:

"The Client Faxed a Nastygram to all the Contractors and Vendors on the Project, to complain about the loud Radios on-site; each Radio tuned to a different Station.
Client says if the Radio Battles continue, all Contractors and Vendors will have their Bids reviewed!"

Nastygrams are better given than received!

I have received a few Nastygrams - as part of a wide spread tirade type fax (to all Contractors). Fortunately the Gram's Nastyness were typically describing actions of Persons, not of my responsibility.

I have distributed a few Nastygrams myself - these were spawn from Architects or Spec. Vendors not responding to RFIs.
Everyone received a copy, and it was obvious too!

This type of Nastygram gets nearly instantaneous results every time!!! smile

-- Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Originally Posted by Scott35

Example:

"The Client Faxed a Nastygram to all the Contractors and Vendors on the Project, to complain about the loud Radios on-site; each Radio tuned to a different Station.
Client says if the Radio Battles continue, all Contractors and Vendors will have their Bids reviewed!"

It's funny you mention this, Scott, because I got one of these messages from a Project Manager (PM), just the other day.
It was obviously meant to be a "global" e-mail sent to each team leaders computers, it said:

Please curtail the use of stereo systems on site, it is annoying at best when I make site inspections to have to listen to a cacophony of radios, all on different stations and running at a million decibels.

I've seen this guy on site, probably once or twice, in the whole time I've been back with my current company,(8 months), wiring dairy sheds.

In jest, I sent the following reply:
I note as the Senior Electrician for XXXXXXXXXXXX, your dis-satisfaction at so many loud radio's all tuned to different frequencies, on site.
You know as well as I do, everyone has a different taste in music, seems you dis-allowed AM/FM ear protector head-sets, this is why this has happened.

However, you should do, as I have found when I am trying to get any sort of information out of you, about stuff you have negated to put on OUR plans and turn both of your hearing aids off.

One other thing, I find it hard to believe that a University-trained "Engineer" such as yourself, could come out with a term like "a million decibels", what particular weighting does that have and what did you measure this with?
Are you seriously aware of how loud something like that would be?

I'm still waiting for a reply on that one. grin

Broom Pusher and
Mike's reply Message to the Engineer, is an example of the "Return-Nastygram"

A commonly used Optional Nomenclature for the "Return-Nastygram" Document is the:
---- "Back At 'Ya B**** 'O-Gram" ----
( B**** word rhymes with _DITCH_ )
along with variant terms per the Acronym "BAYBOG", or the Partial Initialism "Bayb'o-gram".

Since the Creator of the original "Gram containing Nastyness" is an Engineer, the BAYBOG might include something in the order of the common ID10T Error Report, stating there has been an ID10T Operator Error detected on the original Message sender's side: PEBKAC.

FuWiAcs!!! (Fun With Acronyms).

-- Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
G
Mike that seems strange to me. Whenever I walked onto a job the radios always got turned down and the hard hats were put on, even though I had never mentioned either one of them.
I guess that is a thing with some inspectors.

Greg Fretwell
Radio silence must be one of the 'rules' that a lot of sparkies paid attention to! I see the same results as what Greg said above. Personally, I have no issue with radios.

As to 'nastygrams', I have written a few recently, and yes, a lot of people get a 'copy'; but...it gets results a heck of a lot quicker than a 'sweet' memo/letter. Recent 'issues' have been to another new crop of solar (resi) installers who lack basic 'clues'. (This has to go into the Permit rant thread).

John
G
My wife says the radio issue comes up a lot when "new construction" guys move into "retail" where they are in a customer's home or a built out neighborhood.

"Leave the radio in the truck, pull up your pants and don't pee in the bushes" wink

Greg Fretwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard