ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
H
Greg,

At least a dozen or more. Now up here ( NJ) there is a fight in a local paper about tracking you via your cell phone or your GPS in your car. Big Bro always knows where you are! smile

G
The permit services here are like John's. They don't get past the counter but there are a number of counters you have to stand in front of if you are getting all the permits for a building so it is enough to justify a business. They also know all the rules so they are sure you have everything they need in the package before they go downtown.
These days when money is tight and people are not that busy I bet more GCs run their own permits.
The trade permits for replacements and repairs can all be done with the automated system.

My county seems to be operating under the theory that they will make it easy enough to get a permit so people don't really have a good excuse not to.

Greg Fretwell
S
.......a 'permit exhibitor'...... man i've been out in the puckerbrush too long.........~S~

El Bumpo....

Anyone else??

BTW, NJ Directive issued today regarding all work related to damage from the Hurricane 'Irene', that ALL fees, both municipal and state are waived. Permits are required. Work may commence immediatley, with notification to the local construction dept. Permit documents must be submitted within 3 business days.

Inspections of 'Irene' related work shall be performed with priority, using a 'courtesy' basis for a permit number on inspection records. (Paperwork nightmare in the making)

Utility cut-in-cards will also be issued using 'courtesy' in lieu of permit number.

Not part of the above, but via email, State DCA is in need of Electrical Subcode Officials (AHJs) and Electrical Inspectors (NJ DCA Lic) to work any available time within the "Irene' damage area towns. Daytime, nights, weekends. (An oppertunity for those who were laid off recently??)

John
G
I think they have a pretty good sense of humor about permits after a storm here. Certainly anything fixed without an insurance claim will usually also be unpermitted and uninspected.

Greg Fretwell
H
John,

I thought the waiving of fees had to come from the local gov, you know committee people and such? I didn't see the directive yet. I was knocked out of power my self for several days.

H
John,

I had a generator, 30 amp at 240 volt, and I tested it on Friday last week. However wouldn't you know it. It crapped out on me on Sun. during the height of the storm! Lucky a friend of mine lent me a generator for a few days.

Harold:

It was a state issued document that we received. I'm out of the office until Tuesday, so I can't give you any more particulars till then.

John
To continue the rant.....

Anybody here hand permit applications to 'others' to fill them out??

Seems to be a new (or revived) issue here.

Comments??

John
S
well....i've handed the filled out ones to 'others' that can actually spell .....~S~

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard