ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
twh Offline OP
How do you flag a parking spot so no one parks in it? There was also a sign on the rail in front of the car.
[Linked Image from i900.photobucket.com]

Cat Servant
Every now and then you'll find some jackalope who will move your cones, and insist on parking where you need to work.

As I see it, you have two choices: tow truck or fork-lift.

A more passive-aggressive approach would be to work around the car- digging under and around the car, in a manner that prevents the car from being removed until the job is done.

That was a problem working in strip mall centers and office parks with site lighting. Poles that were knocked down, caution tape, cones, a van....and the one car that 'has' to park in 'their ususl' spot.

Doing site lighting maintenance was delayed on occasion by waiting for the tow truck for the commuters who insisted on parking on private property, posted lots. We used to get to the sites at 6:00 or 6:30AM, long before most stores opened. The commuters were shocked when they returned! BTW, the tow was done after the local PD placed a ticket on the cars also.

John
"No Parking" surely doesn't mean ME. We have people who park in reserved spaces, fire lanes, even in the landscaping if there isn't a spot to their liking nearby. Unfortunately, that sense of entitlement doesn't just stop in the parking lot. Working in the school system, we get all kinds of grief from parents who think they can do all kinds of things just because their little Susy is in the program. I won't even go into the things they think their kids are entitled to; just how special THEIR kid is over everybody else.

M
I wish I had paid closer attention to a news story on the radio but the basics are a city in east Europe has trouble with cars parking in bike lanes. They use Tanks to run over the offending vehicles. At least 1 mercedes has fallen victim and as the mayor says, fines don't always alter behaviour.

I am very keen on this approach but I don't mind the excavating around the car approach either

Originally Posted by mikesh
I wish I had paid closer attention to a news story on the radio but the basics are a city in east Europe has trouble with cars parking in bike lanes. They use Tanks to run over the offending vehicles. At least 1 mercedes has fallen victim and as the mayor says, fines don't always alter behaviour.

I am very keen on this approach but I don't mind the excavating around the car approach either

I just caught the news story again and heard the name.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...er_illegally_parked_car_with_a_tank.html

Wow! Even though reading that it was a 'staged show' still gets a Wow!

Do that here in NJ and there will be 10 lawyers lined up to 'help' the car owner.

John
G
DC is pretty effective with nothing but tow trucks. They have a lot of streets where you have to be gone by 3:30.
If you don't drive away by 3:30 you will be on the hook at 3:35. They bring a fleet of trucks and can clear a block in about 5 minutes. IBM had an education center where I taught for a while on K street and it was interesting to watch them work.
Way back around 1980, it was over $300 a tow plus a cab ride. (no checks, no credit cards)

Greg Fretwell
S
about the only parking problem i have here is being stuck in 4x4

but everyone carries a 20' chain, it's just the nieghborly thing to do....

~S~

Nice neighbors up Vermont way!

They are few & far between around these parts!

John
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard