ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#199874 03/13/11 03:18 AM
Greetings everyone, I am from Montreal and I am new on this forum. I also apologize in advance for my english.

I will finish school in less than two months and I am concerned what after.I would like to get answers to some of my questions.

-How to activate apprentiship card.
-Where/How to get hours (150 in Quebec) to activate my apprenticeship card.
-Should I save my first year apprentice hours for for forth year.
-Where is the best gaining experiance from( construction, renovation).
-Adventages/disadventages of residential/comercial over industrial and likewize.
-Where/How to search for a job
-Am I alowed to do corrections/repairements anywhere of any electrical issues with no supervision of licensed electrician.
-How to extend my knowledge.
-Would you recomend working in other provinces/states.
-Are electricity organizations helping newcomers ( like CCQ in Quebec ) ...

...please if someone has a good life-experiance or advice I would be very gratefull.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there”.
F
Bonjour mersadrad.,

I will type in two langunges here in both English and French.

Bienvenu au fourm et un des membres dans peut ici l'aide capable vous avec un peu d'infomation que vous cherchez cependant il vit vraiment dans la partie diffrent de Canada .

Cependant je n'ai pas ont l'occasion de vérifier l'exigence Québec mais je peux le regard capable cela en haut si vous le demandez.

Comme loin pour d'autres provinces/états l'exigence fera pour varier un peu le Ministère du Travail devrait avoir dernier infomation que vous pouvez chercher dans leur emplacement.

Welcome to the fourm and one of the members in here may able help you with some of the infomation you are looking for however he do live in diffrent part of Canada .

However I have not get the chance to check out the Québec requirement but I can able look it up if you request it.

As far for other provinces/states the requirement will varies a bit The Department of Labour should have the latest infomation you can look up in their location.

Merci.
Marc

Last edited by frenchelectrican; 03/13/11 07:52 AM.

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

G
Ola! oops wrong border wink

You might want to try this over on the Canadian topic since the rules are probably different in the US but I imagine most of those guys also look in here.

Greg Fretwell
Bonjour and Hello

My French is also bad, but I am trying and impruving it every day. I have been in Canada only 5 years and just became a Canadian citizen.

Tnx for replies. I was not sure that this topic wss concernning only Canadiens so I didn't address this topic under Canadian Code, I saw it more as a guide for Newcomers to trade. I gues I asked more than one question so I went personal more than general,which was my intension on the first place.
So let me explain my first 3 questions...
I know that school( 1800h) counts almost as one year of experiance which means I will be 2nd year apprentice after 150 hours of work. Now some people told me that it is good practice to keep these hours for the 4th year, and work as apprentice(1) for a year. After third year just add hours and go for an exam. Now I am thinking is it posible to use some of there hours so I dont have to work as an apprentice (1) for all year. Can I save 1000h and add 1000h as an experiance. Did I save 6 months( moneywize).

Please don't find me wrong I don't think to go easy way I think to use smart way, if there is any. So I am here to ask...

I would also like to say that I spent a good amount of time on this forum since I had found it.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there”.

Link Copied to Clipboard