ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
Recent Posts
by renosteinke - 01/27/23 09:52 PM
Does NEC 551.71 (F) apply to dwellings?
by BigB - 01/20/23 10:46 AM
Power submeter connections
by HotLine1 - 01/19/23 09:09 AM
AFDD's coming to the UK
by Texas_Ranger - 01/17/23 07:22 PM
New in the Gallery:
Burger King crown sillyness
Burger King crown sillyness
by wa2ise, December 11
240/208 to a house
240/208 to a house
by wa2ise, October 9
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#196418 10/01/10 12:39 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
New Member

I work in a firm that build plants to do the concrete.

Usally we use to wire ours motors/sensors to the panelboards a type of cable named tray cable exposed run (TC-ER) UL LISTED.

If I need to buy a festoon cable for a particular section of the plant which kind I should purchase? Which specifications should have? Exist a TC-ER festoon cable?

Thank you.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,788
Likes: 14
You should be looking for something similar to this.

If this is inside, be sure the insulation is rated to be used inside. (smoke and flame)

Greg Fretwell
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,498
Where do you intend to use the wire (country)? In Germany I think you'd likely use NYMT if not exposed to direct sunlight, or NYY fastened to a steel cable.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
New Member
I'll install this cable in Canada with 575V/3phase feeding.
I need to know if there is an article in the NEC about this kind of cable.
I should feed a trolley bucket. Do you have an idea how to do? usually we use TC-ER cable....about the festoon cable??

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 931
Likes: 1
The NEC does not apply in Canada, that is a issue for the CEC, Canadian Electrical Code.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
New Member
Ah...!!!You're right!!

However, meanwhile I wait to find CEC, someone could please help me??

Since, I couldn't consider my plant as a machinery but as a building, i.e. a group of panelboards wired together.

Which kind of cable I need for an industrial control equipment?

Which kind of cable I need for trolleys?

Thank you in advance!!!

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
New Member
please...someone could help me???

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 613
For control

Similar type for Power. in fact many of these cables are available in #2 or larger
anywhere from 10 #16 control wires to 4 #2 power wires

Link Copied to Clipboard

Tools for Electricians
Tools for Electricians

* * * * * * *
2023 National Electrical Code (NEC)
2023 NEC Now Available!
* * * * * * *

2020 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2020 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman


Member Spotlight
Posts: 27
Joined: December 2004
Top Posters(30 Days)
BigB 8
triple 3
Popular Topics(Views)
302,674 Are you busy
231,947 Re: Forum
216,609 Need opinion
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5