ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
KJay Offline OP
Jeez... I guess they would be... $4200.00 for speaker wire?... That is truly insane.

I think I see an opportunity to introduce a line of compact, true "Audio Grade" isolation transformers for ultra clean power for optimum amp performance, complete with battery backup to prevent preset tuner channel memory loss during power outages and two onboard WattGate 381 duplex receptacles.
I could give it an esoteric European sounding name, like "DuhmHaas" and sell them for $6500.00 each. laugh

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

A
Originally Posted by KJay
Jeez... I guess they would be... $4200.00 for speaker wire?... That is truly insane.

I think I see an opportunity to introduce a line of compact, true "Audio Grade" isolation transformers for ultra clean power for optimum amp performance, complete with battery backup to prevent preset tuner channel memory loss during power outages and two onboard WattGate 381 duplex receptacles.
I could give it an esoteric European sounding name, like "DuhmHaas" and sell them for $6500.00 each. laugh

You just need to start selling oxygen free audio grade romex at these prices. smile http://www.higherfi.com/cables/1

Last edited by A-Line; 10/13/09 12:16 PM.
Why not use solid gold romex?

Unfortunately, this Wattgate receptacle isn't offered in a Tamper Resistant model. bash

Broom Pusher and

Unfortunately, this Wattgate receptacle isn't offered in a Tamper Resistant model. bash

Dang!! I need 25 of the Wattgate Receptacles for various Audio Equipment around the House, and they have to be Tamper Resistant...

I must have the ultra-awesome Wattgate Receptacles for any Audio equipment - even the AM / FM Clock Radios must use these Receptacles - or risk poor Audio output, possibly major internal ear damage from having to withstand sub-par Audio.

The $145.00 per unit price is a non-issue for pure, clean Audio output from any Audio Equipment!

I also use the $1,000.00 per foot Speaker Cables, connected to Diamond fitted, Platinum Based, Jewel Encrusted 100% Gold (O2 free, of course) Terminals on all Audio Equipment (Clock Radios included).

I am definitely joking around, however I am sure there are many "Wattgate" and similar Customers, whom would refer to the above list as "default" - judging from the fact that the Receptacles are STILL BEING SOLD FOR $140 + !!! eek shocked bash

Just wanted to add humor.

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Scott... You should really bring this up to them... they might even let you test the prototype Leviton with a serial number! whistle

Z
Why do I not have ideas like this!!??

Roll a silkscreen with some blue ink on a $7 spec-grade 20A outlet, then charge an unknowing, over paid sucker $147. Genius!

I only say $7 instead of $2 because this looks like a back-wired screw-down receptacle, which tend to be a tad more pricey.

(BTW, the answer is that I'm not a crook. I prefer to work for a living)

Broom Pusher and
Lostazhell

Scott... You should really bring this up to them... they might even let you test the prototype Leviton with a serial number!

I contemplated adding the Cut-Sheets to the Submittals package as a bit of humor, but decided against it, as this job has insane specs!

I am submitting cut-sheets on EVERTHING!!! including Tape!!! eek

On the other hand, the Architects are really pushing an expensive design, so they might actually want to use the Wattgate Receptacles, and hire me for performance research!
thumbs

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
I am seeing double it must be late laugh

Broom Pusher and
Please pardon the double post!

I deleted the "Redundant Version" wink

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3