ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#188411 08/06/09 07:00 PM
Wondering how many of you are doing photovoltaic installations, and what kind (resi vs commercial, and net metering vs off grid).

I've taken design and installaton training, and worked on installation of a few residential net metering systems. Right now I have several clients who'd like to go solar with net metering systems. I also have a client in Southern Calif who'd like a referrral for a PV system installer. I'm in Northern California, too far for me to do the work.

When I have a client ask about PV, I encourage them to look at solar hot water also, as being more cost-effective.

G
I'm fix'n to buy one. There is only one Fl. certified installer near me so I will not be shopping that much.

I talked to Kelli (probably dotted with a little heart) who is going to come out to talk to me. Let's see how that goes wink

I am really not interested in anything they sell as a package beyond the direct drive pool pump. I would still like another KW or so, not grid connected doing useful stuff

Greg Fretwell
U
Only solar training I could find was out on west coast for 6 days at a price of $3000(not including air fare, hotel, etc.) I would like to help bring PV to Missouri, but no way my business can afford to right now. One of my competitors is now advertising Solar, maybe I can squeeze him for some info.

L
Great topic.
I'm speaking with a few installers here.Mainly former roofers,But MA is starting to enforce collector installs (to be Electricians). Now, anything after the collectors are done by Electricians.

In short: I know nothing. So I'm watching closely as well.

S
Done a couple for the govt and working on a few more. All are off grid, in the boonies. I am looking at a camp for few systems that would hwlp offset their costs.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa

Link Copied to Clipboard