ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#186511 05/17/09 12:18 PM
S
Heads up!

CLICK HERE

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Thanks for the info there, AK. whistle

I find it rather hard to believe that a company like Fluke (whose gear is more or less industry standard) is involved in a safety recall.

Better quality control in the place of manufacture, would have nipped this in the bud before these meters even made it to market.

Consider the country of manufacture...

G
These kinds of things usually end up being design problems more than manufacturing problems, to save a buck.
How many times have you taken apart a broken product to find a broken 10 cent part that would have lasted forever if they had just bought the $1 part.

Greg Fretwell
S
Too often I am hearing check the country of origin, and believe me I do. But on the other hand I remember when anything manufacturered in Japan was considered garbage. History has a way of repeating itself.

I think that this comes down to "out-sourcing"

You can't tell me that mass-production in China is better than care and attention in the US.

This is ECN, how many people that are using these "instruments" aren't here or aren't getting these CLSB warnings?

I'm not looking to start any sort of a "bash China" thing, but the question has to be asked.
Why is stuff that should be of a certain standard (especially with the Fluke CAT ratings), failing?
I have a real problem with using something that is rated CAT III or IV on live conductors, where the PSCC could blow you and the meter to bits.
That just isn't my thing.

N
Another quality product from the land of tainted dog food and drugged toys! mad

If anyone got hurt because of this, I hope that Fluke gets sued so bad that it costs them more than they saved by importing this Chinese crap in the first place....

Link Copied to Clipboard