ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 381 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
ITE-Bulldog-

60's vintage- here in NewEngland.
Still plenty around and holding up impressively.
Rugged little system. I have several of the breakers in stock for the occasional fail.
The big ones- 100A mains,30-50 A 2 poles.
Just for the emergency replacements.
Never heard one 'POP' tho.

F
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Greg:
They were made orig by 'Bulldog', then later I believe ITE bought the brand/design. I used to have a bunch of then in the shop, single, double and three pole.

IMHO, they were a pain in the butt. Bolt-in, tight panel space, and I wonder if they ever had a SWD rating.

It was 'push-on; push-off' with an indicator in the 'push' part.

I wrote the underline the three pole verison that is super rare beast I have one in the shop on the shelf somewhere back in the state.

pushmatic one instering twist and kinda rare to see it in three phase verison whistle

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Marc:
I had a few 3 pole from a rip-out job, only 3 phase pushamatic panel I came accross in all my years.

When I closed shop, the collection now resides with the EC who bought my assets

John
E
Wow, I was a huge fan of these panels back in their day. When you think about it, they were the only residential grade panels with a bolted bus bar. Not to mention that they made it easy to keep the loads distributed evenly. I probably installed my last one in the late 1970's. I never saw a three-phase version though. I don't see how it could even be done.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
G
I grew up in the computer room biz where square D was the gold standard. You seldom saw anything else.

Greg Fretwell
A
Leland, I see you noticed Ohia. You are supposed to picture a scene on the banks of the Ohio R. and a conversation that goes on between two salt of the earth type folk where one says to the other: "Y'all crosin the crik?, and the other replies as he steps into a rust bucket of a John boat "Yup I 'a goin back Ohia uhuh"

L
smile ,Many of the same tales Here in NewEngland! The more North east the better the tales get.:)

R
I remember half the time doing service work that you would shut them off and then after you were done they wouldn't come back on
almost as good of an idea as the split-buss panel

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard