ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 259 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I've heard both positive and negative feedback about the new thread preview feature. Please cast your Vote about whether they should stay or go and add whatever comments you'd like.

Bill

Thread Preview Popups
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/23/08 01:33 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
could the pop ups be made a bit smaller they seem to take up the whole area on the thread title

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Originally Posted by dougwells
could the pop ups be made a bit smaller they seem to take up the whole area on the thread title
Doug,

Not sure what you mean, but the width of the popup and # of characters can be modified.

Bill

The length of the pop up and the width can cover the whole area of the thread title and cover up the last poster plus some pop ups cover over the next 2-3 thread titles under the thread with the pop up window

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I don't know the solution to that one. Size can be adjusted somewhat, but the window has to be big enough and hold enough words to serve its purpose. Something will always be covered up, but once you move the mouse a bit the window disappears.

If you try moving the mouse around a bit that might help. You can put the mouse just to the right of the title and you'll see all of it. once you move below the level of the title it disappears.

Just curious, what screen resolution are you using?

T
Is it possible to add a delay to make "accidental" opening of the popup less likely?

Personally I think they're great!

I like the vote system! I'd turn them off, but I'll cheerfully go with the majority on this one! laugh

Kind of on the fence. Cons are as said above...perhaps a time delay may be nice.

John
S
The thread pop up as it stands today, is a major annoyance.

A time delay would be a major improvement.

Additionally, the text should be smaller.

As an example, I believe this forum addresses the popup style and size best :

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
My first thought when I saw them was - Boy, that's annoying. (I dropped by the chat area for opinions on whether to even turn them on)

Since having them on I've gotten used to them (but they don't serve a purpose on the 'Active Topics' page). I think it's a handy thing to have for a quick preview of a thread and will even show pics if they're near the top of the thread.

The size of the box and font can be modified somewhat and I'm looking into introducing a slight delay.

Bill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard