ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 190 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Originally Posted by LarryC
If the VFD's can accept an analog input, use a 4-20 mA output or 1-5 V transducer for the temperature based speed control.

If the units can accept a Master / Slave relationship or a follower input, set one unit as the master and slave the other three off of it.

Larry C

Thats right. Contact your favorite VFD manufacturer and check with them. The VFD is no longer just a speed controller, I have seen them with PLC's on board (ABB)and will accept every imaginable input and can output too, on some models. They can work alone or with other VFD's and equipment as needed.
In fact, contact ABB through their web site. Then locate a local vendor. They are great about touting their products and will answer any questions you might have.
Note: Do not confuse ABB with AB!!!! Totally different.

B
I wonder if the CO monitor is actually meant to be a CO2 monitor? Lots of hot bodies dancing in a club will give off a lot of CO2 and create a "stale air" effect. A CO2 monitor might be intended to ramp up the ventilation if the atmosphere inside the club got too stale.

I've seen CO2 monitors/controls installed on HVAC systems in meeting rooms for the same reason...if the atmosphere gets stuffy with everybody breathing out CO2, then the system ramps up and brings in more outside air, to freshen up the room.

M
MTWire Offline OP
In response to Trumpy's question, the system according to the plans is to be interconnected with the FCP, and all ducts are to have electronically controlled fire dampers that failsafe to close by means of a heat sensitive link in the event of a power failure. My question is... if they are vented directly outside from the room with no other rooms or floors in between, do they really need fire dampers and such, or would you just want them connected to the FCP to shutdown in case of fire?

And in response to Beachboy's last question, I do believe that the CO sensor is actually supposed to be a CO2 sensor, as there would be very little CO present in this particular situation.

Last edited by MTWire; 10/10/08 11:51 PM.
A
These units are pretty standard equipment for agricultural barns housing confined animals - hogs, chickens etc. Most of the control circuitry can be bought off the shelf with inputs for various activation triggers like CO2 levels, Temperature, ammonia, humidity etc. In operation the worse the condition the more ventilation needed etc (or reverse). They also have the ability to incorporate outside sensors so you dont open up the throttle for full blast ventilation in the middle of winter.

Here's an example:
http://www.qcsupply.com/Products/10555.aspx?ref=fp

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard